Buicks in Texas 14:th to 24:th november?

Guest Buick SuperSwede

Guest Buick SuperSwede

Hi, here you have 2 Swedish fellows with one each -47 and -48 Sedanette. We are going to visit Houston, Dallas and some other Texas places between the 14:th and 24:th of November. Do anyone have any ideas of some "Buicks musts" in the area? For instant if you are aware of some nice Buicks junk yard for older Buicks. Things of interest are double carburater intake for the straight 8. A good 401 or 425 nailhead engine can also be of interest. Even if it's not Buick parts, Ford flatheads of the later models, 49-53 8BA is also something we are going to look for. Ideas?

Let me say -lcome to the forum. I am not in Texas, and you will have just missed the Region meet in October (see above), but there are quite a large group of Buick owners in Texas that should be able to help you. The dual manifolds are hard to find, I understand.

John

There will be an antique cars and parts swap meet on Nov. 16-17 at Lone Star Park, which is a horse racing place in Grand Prairie, between Dallas and Fort Worth., Interstate 30 at Beltline Road. Unfortunately, like most swap meets in Texas, 80% of the cars and parts will be Ford and Chevrolet, or hot rods. You will be lucky to find Buick parts, but there are usually some, not a lot. There is a large salvage yard north of Denton, Texas on Interstate 35, called CTC Auto Ranch. They have about 2000 cars from the 1970s back to the 1940s, but they are very expensive and only open on weekdays. I prefer the smaller salvage yard in Sunset, Texas, Browne and Sons Salvage, run by Trenton Browne. Prices are more reasonable but the selection is smaller. He does have several Buicks. Located on Hwy. 287, midway between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls..

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Tx

There is a fellow in Elgin TX that specializes in "A" bodies Mark Polastry BCA #32064 (Elgin is on 290 between Houston and Austin)

South of Austin on I-35 is Dick's Garage, an excellant musuem. see link Classic Car Museum Dick's Classic Garage San Marcos Texas Antique Vintage Auto Facility Rental

If you are traveling I-35 north of Austin give me a call and you can look over my 1939 Century Sports coupe....but I don't have parts.

Guest Buick SuperSwede

The Swap is one of our main goals for the trip. Have you been there and what do you think about the range and price level. We also try to find some objects on Craiglist but the question is if there is best changes to find object on Craiglist or the Swap. The Salvage yards sounds very interesting and I think we will make a visit if we pass.

Thanks a lot for your information, very appreciated.

Another great visit will be the

GLIDDEN TOUR, based in Brenham, Texas - a week-long tour of pre-war cars - betcha there will be some great Buicks

Sunday, October 21st through Friday October 26th.

While 4 separate Motels are used, the base of operations will be the Washington County Fairgrounds on Hwy FM-577, about 3.2 miles north of US-290

My 1914 B-37 Touring is down, waiting for a Starter-Generator repair, so we are driving something else - either the 1937 Roadmaster 80C Phaeton, or the 1930 Packard.

The 1934 was awarded her AACA Grand national First Place at Shelbyville, TN this past June, and is letting her sisters do the touring this year.

post-54863-143139220459_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143139220461_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143139220463_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143139220464_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143139220467_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143139220716_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143139220725_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)