Murphy's Dynaflow

60FlatTop

Around 1988 my wife's daily driver was a 1962 Electra 225 6 window, factory red with a white top. It was my first Dynaflow since about 1972 when I had the black 1962 Invicta 4 door sedan that my Grandmother replaced with her '68 Wildcat.

My wife's was fine unless it sat for a few days without driving. Then it would leak until you drove it a bit.

At that time Zerniak's Auto Parts tore down the "steel building" that had housed windshields, some parts bins, and a whole bunch of used transmissions. The trannies were being scrapped. One was labeled in yellow tire crayon as "62 Buick". I figured I better grab that just in case. I remember I paid $35 for it.

I brought it home and put it in the cellar of our 1853 house. The recent forum string encouraged me to go down and check it this morning. It is still in standby. You never know when you might need one; 24 years, well, I didn't have to feed it.

post-46237-143139214399_thumb.jpg

A side note on the sprinkling can, my wife bought it when we were dating. She was a Hippie and I was a hard drinking, Buick drivin' redneck if you can image. She bought the sprinkler because it was old fashioned and durable. I few trips to the garden with an already heavy sprinkler filled with water gives a person a different feel for old fashioned. We have a plastic one now. Hoarders, it starts so innocently.

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)