Hershey 2012 ------- What were your three favorite Buicks @The Saturday Show

Great meet this year. I was however, disappointed that I didn't get to see some of the folks I had hoped to see.

What were your three favorite Buicks at the show on Saturday?

My picks.

1-The Blue, 1937 Buick Roadmaster 4 Door Convertible. (Dick Beckley's)

2- Right next to the 37, The Blue, 1940 Buick Limited 4 Door Convertible. (Dave Prueitt's)

and further up from those two.

3 - A toss up for third: Doug Seybold's 1941 Yellow Roadmaster Roadster or Stemens 1941 Salmon colored Super 4 Door Convertible.

Sorry I don't have pictures. I forgot the darn camera at the hotel.

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)

Dave:

Just like you I had planned to connect with some other BCA and Forum people. Too massive a place and too little time. I did meet up with Dick and Karen Beckley. Dick is director of our Mason Dixon Chapter. My favorites....

Dick's 1937 Roadmaster Phaeton. I am a 37 owner.

The 1925 Md 45. Touring I have a 1925-25

1908 Md. 17 Touring I have always wanted to drive a big brass era Buick.

My runners up would be the same as you stated.

Great Day!

Larry DiBarry

post-79073-143139214333_thumb.jpg

post-79073-143139214326_thumb.jpg

The two 41 convertibles were also top on my list. Seybold's yellow car and Stemens Salmon car, for me, stood out on the field. But then, I'm partial to convertibles close to that era. Only saw one 47-48 convertible all weekend and it was in the car corral. I also really enjoyed all of the HPOF cars, regardless of age or brand, just because they are what they are. The big trucks and fire equipment are always great! Matt

The two 41 convertibles were also top on my list. Seybold's yellow car and Stemens Salmon car, for me, stood out.

Matt: I kept looking for your Sears red wagon with the rails. Every time I saw a guy with a wagon, I asked, "Are you Matt". All the answers were the same "Sorry, No".

Seybold's and Stemmons cars were my toss ups for my third of the top three. Stemems and I did get to chat for quite some time. He was planning on a Buick driving tour after the the meet. I didn't get a chance to ask where it was headed to. We got interrupted by another car show goer.

Guest dick beckley

Thanks, Guys, for your kind words on my 37 80C. However, mine cannot compare with the exquisite 40 Limited that was beside me. Dave Prueitt and his staff did a championship restoration on this one. They are just down the road from me in Glen Rock, a great restoration shop to tour if you're ever in this way.

My # 2 and 3 would be the yellow 41 Roadie of Doug Seybold and the Flamingo??? 41 , Super 4door Conv. that had the gray-green interior. A special order combination , and at first glance odd, but still a beautiful car. My buddy, Jack Frank's 37 40C on my other side is also a great car and a former Grand National. Jack is 88 years of age and wants to sell the car. He told me $58,500, to me, a bargain for this fine car. I'd buy it myself , if I did not have my 80C!

It was great seeing all my Buick friends. Nothing anywhere rivals Hershey! I'm exhausted from walking the field for 4 days but eagerly looking forward to more next year!

1. Doug Seybold's 1941 76-C Roadmaster

2. 1941 90-L Limited

3. 1941 51-C Super tie 1940 Limited 81-C

Wish I could figure out how to add pics of all three to the forum. I think the files are too large. It was a great day!

Edited by Den41Buick (see edit history)

Not in the same class as those mentioned above, but there was a green 1964 LeSabre two-door hardtop for sale in the car corral, 22,000 actual miles, totally original unrestored car, that absolutely took my breath away. The car could not be told from new. It was like standing next to one in the Buick showroom in 1964.

Pete Phillips BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas

Dick Beckley: My buddy, Jack Frank's 37 40C on my other side is also a great car and a former Grand National. Jack is 88 years of age and wants to sell the car. He told me $58,500, to me, a bargain for this fine car. I'd buy it myself , if I did not have my 80C!

I have had the chance to meet Jack several times, a grand ole (Senior) gentleman. Loves his 1937 Buick and to tell the story of the restoration, along with the big black and white photo. His two sons are fine gentleman also.