new member clocking in

RIVNIK

After eavesdropping for so long I'm looking forward to joining in the fun! I bought my 65 in '92 . It was in fairly nice shape, or so I thought. I drove the car for maybe 6 mos.,but soon rust started popping out in several places,so I took it to a local one man body shop who had done some great collision repair for me in the past. He didn't have the time to replace all the rusty parts all at once,but said if I wanted to leave it with him for an extended time he would tackle one area at a time and charge me as he went along. He was very reasonable price-wise and I didn't have a good place to keep it at the time,so it sounded like a great deal. It ended up staying in a corner of his shop for over 10 yrs. as every misfortune known to man befell the poor guy.To his credit ,between divorces, hospitalizations,bankruptcies,etc,he did find time to do some masterful metalwork on my rust bucket. Every 6 or 8 mos. I would cut him a check for whatever he had done up to that time. Then one day I came home to find a message on my machine..." Your car is done, I had some silver paint left over from a job, hope you like the color, no charge for the paint job,your car is in Adult Toy Storage, I'm outa here". Thats the last I saw of him...his shop was empty,phone disconnected,and he was gone! The Riv was beautiful, but in the meantime I had contracted Riv fever again and bought a '73, so I had no place to park it. It sat in indoor storage for another 10 yrs. at $100/mo. as I replaced just about everything else bit by bit. Well, I recently unloaded the '73, and the '65 is finally back home for good. As a decoding revealed, the car was originally blue w/ white standard int.,when I bought it it was black w/deluxe int.,having been burgundy in between, now it is a beautiful gunmetal shade of silver. Will have some pics up soon. Looking forward to corresponding with all of you. Still a lot to do! Talk at ya later!

Welcome ! and thanks for clocking in.

Wow - quite a 'story' behind your '65, fortunately, along with a happy ending.

So often we hear the real horror stories with the unhappy endings, which makes your experience unique !!

You might also consider a membership in the Riviera Owners Association (ROA) www.rivowners.org

Looking foreward to seeing some pics of that fine '65. :)

So often we hear the real horror stories with the unhappy endings, which makes your experience unique !!

You might also consider a membership in the Riviera Owners Association (ROA) www.rivowners.org

Thanks for the welcome! I was beginning to think nobody cared. And thanks for the invite, but Iv'e been a card carrying member since '92,#4675. Pics coming as soon as I can get home early enough to take some better ones.

Thanks for the welcome! And thanks also for the invite,but I've been a card carrying member since '92 (#4675).... couldn't have done it without the club! Pics coming as soon as I can take some better ones.