WTB a harmonic balancer for a '54 324

Guest pete324rock

I had this happen too ,and had to cut it off eventually and never found a replacement but I am wondering if you could fit a new aftermarket balancer if it had the proper shaft hole size.The 324 is internally balanced so as long as it fit....finding one in good shape original might be tough cuz the rubber goes bad...and of course you know they rebuild them...but for sure you would want to know they test them for vibration...which is the main job of it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest rocket49
I believe that Terrill Machine, out of DeLeon, TX will rebuild it for you? Google the name for Ph/Address.

I had them rebuild by distributor vacuum advance on my '55 Cad, and have no hesitation in recommending them.

Thats a good idea,use a later year Olds,like a 307 to 455. you may have to cut the pointer on TC, oh well. crankshaft size on end is the same. I'm sure a different seal will be needed. I,m tied up for a few days or I would check tomorrow, but I will check it out next week for sure.

Guest rocket49

Well, I found time to check on harmonic balancer today,I belive a 307 balancer could be made to work,but you will need to have or have a buddy that can do some lathe work. The counter balance would need to be removed,OD on part that goes into seal would need to be turned down, or different seal found. Hope that helps, I think I might give that a try on one of my 303's. Skip