NO PITY PARTY NEEDED

smithbrother

Thursday Sept 27th. when I retired for the day I felt like a cold was setting in. Fri. thru Sun I knew I had a head full, but proceeded to do my normal stuff.

Monday when I awoke I was DEAF.....yep, DEAF, I couldn't hear a sound no matter how loud it was. Scared the heck out of me, I could talk, but couldn't hear. Nothing..............

We called my nose doctor and he took me in at 10:30, yep, I had a head full, so he put me on a Z-PACK. He suggested I go to my family doctor for ear wax removal. I arrived there at 2 P.M., and a nurse proceeded to remove the wax. IN MY OPINION DON'T ALLOW ANYONE OTHER THAT AN EAR DOCTOR TO CLEAN YOUR EARS. This nurse wasn't happy with the job, and in my opinion doesn't know how to do such. After a few minutes and her rough work I told her to STOP. I got up and left.

I called a recommended ear doctor and saw him the next day. He said I was on the WRONG MEDICINE. He gave me ear drops, pain pills, and a antibiotic. He said he felt my hearing would return, but it might take a couple weeks. He removed the wax, he was very gentle, and spent approx. an hour doing such. Nothing like the treatment the first nurse performed.

At present some hearing has returned, I can hear the phone ring, and can barely hear the caller, but progress seems to be happening.

My point is this, IF YOU ARE HAVING EAR ISSUES, go to a real ear doctor, don't allow anyone else to stick tools in your ears, PERIOD.

Take care of yourself, for sure!

Dale in Indy

Hope you weren't offended by us pokin a little fun, I'm sure it's serious to you. I lost about 80% of my hearing about 4 years ago while target practicing with my son and a new shotgun. It was cold and the foam ear plugs didn't expand the way they are suppose to. For the next year and a half everything sounded like the chipmunks talking through a busted speaker. Even with hearing aids, I still only hear at about 40%. Very aggravating and embarrassing sometimes. I've learned to read lips pretty well. My wife says I have selective hearing. At least I think tha's what she said. Hope your gets better after the flush job.

You guys are gonna think I am nuts but I have seen it work, I have also tried it. Go to one of those health food/vitamin places, they have wax tubes that actually pull the stuff out of your ears. No one has to dig around in there. Its weird how it works, ya gotta light one end so this thing draws from the ear.

You guys are gonna think I am nuts but I have seen it work, I have also tried it. Go to one of those health food/vitamin places, they have wax tubes that actually pull the stuff out of your ears. No one has to dig around in there. Its weird how it works, ya gotta light one end so this thing draws from the ear.

I have used those before too. They work great.

Hope your ears are feeling beter soon Dale.

smithbrother and others, I LMAO when I saw the comments. I too was mystified why you would post on a health matter but it is after all a all commnets based forum.

I have bad ears. I have a doctor inserted "tube" in my right ear that has been there now 6 years. I used to have tubes in both ears but gave up on putting one in my left side.

I have that "tinnitis" or ringing in the ear in my left side and overall a loss in hearing. I would have to say that - of all the senses - I could stand to lose hearing but would not want to lose sight. Sometimes when my ears are plugged up and I can't hear, the world sort of slows down and I can focus on sight and taste a little better. Sometimes there is so much "noise" in the world it's nice to have silence. But since other people "assume" you can hear, I guess I need hearing.

Also, I play my music LOUD. It does effect my hearing but I don't care. Can't take it with you when you're dead, so live it up!

With each day a tad more hearing is returning.

I was surprised my doctor didn't do the wax cleaning, I guess there isn't money to be made doing such.

I like the new ear doctor I went to see, so looks like I am going to switch to him. I go in for a check up Tuesday, so will learn a lot then.

The hearing loss has been one thing, but the ear aches another. Not FUN...

I will survive......

Dale in Indy

Dale,

Hope you are back to hearing that wonderful Buick sound soon! You are so right on the earaches and children..Ear infections are not fun at all, regardless of age. Gald you found a decent MD to bring you back to health. Get well soon!