Help! (You are all going to hate me for this but... )

I blew my 300-4 up in my 66 2dr Lark. This is my daily driver so I need to hurry up and make her drive again FAST. So....<P>A good friend of mine offered--for free--his stroked sbc and trans to drop in until I can afford to build the car the way I would like... but before you go nailing me to the cross, please realize I am just a college student with a part time job that barely pays rent and gas.<P>So my question is, if I do put the sbc in my 66 A-Body will the current Buick perch mounts line up with the chevy's motor mounts, or will I have to find chevelle mounts?... I know the trans will go right in (a TH350).<P>What all is entailed to just drop the motor in, assuming that I have all the necessary accessories etc.?<P>Thanks for any help yall can give me.<BR>-soon2b h8ted Buick Owner

Don't sweat it. Sometimes ya have to do things ya don't really want to do. As long as this SBC conversion ain't permanent...<P>You'll have to move the motor mount perches around to match the Chevy mounting plates. I'm reasonably certain all the A-body cars used the same perches, just in different locations on the crossmember.<P>You'll probably get into something with auxiliary mounting brackets too. Doubtful the Buick alternator and PS bracketry is same as Chevy. <P>Fuel lines, starter and engine wiring should be compatible with what's already on the car. Also radiator hoses.<P>Nothing insurmountable, hotrodders do this stuff all the time. Just do it well and work safely. You don't want this stuff coming loose on ya going down the road. Trouble is, I think you're gonna end up liking that Turbo 350 and want to keep it instead of going back to the ST300.

Your most costly item will be connecting the exhaust to the Chev engine, different header pipes will be needed. I think you'll need '64-'67 SBChevelle frame mounts also. Don't feel too bad about the Chev engine I have a '66 Cutlass with a factory installed Chevy engine. Henry

I just nabbed a pair of perch mounts for a sbc in the 66 A-Body... so here goes.<P>The current set was a 300-4/TH350... The ST300 blew about 10,000 miles ago.<P>Well if anyone would be interested in a new TH350 (BOP) with a shift kit, custom cooling pan, and built internals AND/OR a 65 300 4bbl intake and Carter AFB let me know. <P>Thanks Again.

Henry, you mean there's still some of them 6-cylinder Cutlasses around? shocked.gif" border="0<P>I found a 76 S sedan in a yard about 20 miles from here and it was a six/automatic. The same yard had a 73 Cutlass (not even an S) coupe that was a six/3-speed with a RUBBER FLOOR MAT! Never saw such. Of course, I wasn't interested in what they could give up- I had discovered a 1973 Ninety Eight that had all kinds of goodies including the mini-console! and that went home with me for the princely sum of 8 bux... That was a weird one too- Tanbark outside, cranberry cloth inside. Back when they'd build what you wanted.

I picked up an odd one recently. It's a '66 F-85 Deluxe 4drhdtp with a gold six cylinder, factory air, ps, pb, power seat, tilt column, two tone paint, 2nd style remote mirror. It also never had a radio and the wheels were painted body color which indicates it left the factory with small hubcaps. Talk about strange! Henry