An idle question ?

FLYER15015

And you thought this would be about engine speed,,,,,,,,,didn't you.

So..... here goes:

In what year did "curb feelers" come into vogue ? And how long did they last as a "have to have" accessory ?

Was it before or after the "great war" ?

Mike in Colorado

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ben,

The reason for my question was that I was given a pair by a friend, who said that they would look good on the "baby".

Now I do not want to be without any accessory that is "time period" correct, but I don't think these are.......

Mike in Colorado

Most cars I have seen these on were from the late 50's up to mid 60's. To my eye they are unattractive and add nothing to the appearance of the car, a bit like training wheels on a bicycle. They give the impression that one does not possess the skill to park their car properly without these aids.

My take on it, but this is just a personal opinion. For those who really like them, enjoy.

Now we have a discussion going......

Nice to hear all the various opinions.

I certainly do not NEED them, and I'll not install them if the consenses is that they came much later than after the big war.

Makes me wish I'd bought that black '58 LTD, but I only have room/time for one Buick. DARN !!!!!!

Mike in Colorado

Hey Mark,

With the first half of YOUR stable, they sit so tall, you would have to have an extra long set of curb feelers. Wonder if they had "curbs" yet ?

Then again, didn't those require a man walking in front carrying a big red flag ?

Mike in Colorado