Sign in to follow this  
Grandpa Marc

what car is ths from

Hi all,I have a kit car that I would like to put the enclosed photo of this wheel cover on.My car has 14 inch 4 lug steel wheels that I beleive are pinto.The photo shows this on the same kit car, a replica of 1937 Jaguar ss 100.I have not been able to find this wheel cover anywhere.Can anyone identify what car this may have been used on and where I might be able to get a set? Thanks for your help.Best regards,Grandpa Marc

post-71083-143139197837_thumb.jpg

That looks to be a real wire wheel and not a wheelcover.

These are almost certainly aftermarket. They are typical chrome 48 spoke wires, but with a bolt-on hub they were likely sold as replacements for stock steel wheels on a sports car (most likely MGB, whose stock painted spin-on wires they closely resemble). The two-eared knock on ("spinner") is superfluous, and I don't think any factory wheel would be so equipped.

That looks to be a real wire wheel and not a wheelcover.

Hi,Thanks for your reply.You may be right but I have seen this as a cover and it looks like a wire wheel.Best regards,Grandpa Marc.

These are almost certainly aftermarket. They are typical chrome 48 spoke wires, but with a bolt-on hub they were likely sold as replacements for stock steel wheels on a sports car (most likely MGB, whose stock painted spin-on wires they closely resemble). The two-eared knock on ("spinner") is superfluous, and I don't think any factory wheel would be so equipped.

Hi Dave,Thanks for your reply.It could be MG aftermarket.I will see if I can find it there.Best regards,grandpa Marc