WTB: Looking for a COMPLETE Power Vent setup for a 1965 Buick Riviera.

Guest Rob J

This has to be a complete set, including the switch plates, harness, ect. Also has to be in very good condition. No junk please. Thanks.:)

Rob, good luck on your quest to add power vent windows. I added them to my 65 and it took a while to get all of the together. I already had the vent window motors. Larry Daisey of Rancho Riviera was a lot of help. The hardest part was locating the wiring harness and with the help of Dick Sweeney I found that the window wiring harness for the Riviera is the identical harness to one that was in a 1965 Electra right down to the wire length wire colors etc. Your Riv looks like a pretty solid project.

....... the Riviera is the identical harness to one that was in a 1965 Electra right down to the wire length wire colors etc.

The '65 Wildcat harness would also be the same. For some reason it seems every Wildcat I've seen that had factory power vents was a Canadian car. That might help you in your search for a harness.

The '65 vent motors are not the same for the Riviera vs. the Electra/Wildcat. I learned that the hard way. I purchased '65 Riviera power vent replacement gears from Hydro-Electric thinking they were the same and made a fool of myself telling them they were selling the wrong part......when it was me who was out in the weeds.

Rick

The '65 Wildcat harness would also be the same. For some reason it seems every Wildcat I've seen that had factory power vents was a Canadian car. That might help you in your search for a harness.

Rick, that is because the power vents were not available as an option on the Wildcat models in The States. The power vent window option WAS available on Canadian built Wildcats.

Tom Mooney

post-30595-143139205736_thumb.jpg

Hi John, if it is complete, I would be interested. Can you please PM me your best price. Thanks.

Hi Rob,

Here's pictures of the wiring. The drivers side harness was cut. Sent you a PM regarding price earlier. Please let me know either way, as I'll take them to Hershey Tuesday if you pass.

John

post-30595-143139205731_thumb.jpg

Rob, which interior does your Riviera have? I had a 65 Riv parts car with the standard interior and power vent windows which is why I wanted to have that option the 65 Riv I am restoring. I discovered that the custom interior is has different connectors and switches on the drivers door. The standard interior has the switches mounted on the door panels like the Canadian Wildcats would have. From what I can see in John's pictures this wiring harness appears to be from a custom interior.