Does a 61 GM factory custom meet the strict guidelines for this site?

R Walling

I went to the HAMB (even tho I'm banned...again!) and looked it over, what a sectacular find! It's great that he took the time to discover it's true history rather than just treating it like a an old custom car without regard. Love them old Caddys! Had more Caddys than Amphicars in my life. My 1st was a 66 ragtop almost the same color as this car.

Quite a find if it pans out and it certainly looks well and professionally done. I noticed the pic at the Chicago Auto Show did not actually say it was a Cadillac factory custom. Wondering why Cadillac would show a '61 at the '62 Auto Show? Surely there would be complete documentation of this car and its history somewhere.

[h=2]Does a 61 GM factory custom meet the strict guidelines for this site?[/h]

Absolutely! Great find. I have seen quite a few pictures of this car, so you are the lucky one!

Yes Roger, your incredible find meets this club's guidelines, in many ways. You already have enough documentation to prove its custom-built origins, but I know the Cadillac archive folks will fill in all the blanks.. A letter from Cadillac would be an easy formality, if even required. What a freaking find! I like Jeff Stork's tete-a-tete on the HAMB with retired GM designer Blaine Jenkins, who recalls the car trying out styling cues. I see a lot of the first-gen Riviera in the lower panel sculpting and rear wheel arch, plus the aluminum ribbing that would show up on later Pontiacs.

61-4.jpg

That front bumper is way cool and was very expensive to produce!

61-2.jpg

Pics from the HAMB site. I'm wondering if the rear end is from the truncated Town Sedan with its shorter trunk, or if it's just the open wheel arch that makes it look shorter.

It can be shown with documentation, restored in Class 35a, Designated Limited Production, Prototype and Experimental Vehicles, see page 41 on the Judges Manual, and I'm assuming it can be shown in original (HPOF, page 51) or as a driver in DPC (page 52). Either way, it would still need to be brought to the attention of the VP of Judging.

If it was mine, I'd leave the interior as is, clean it up and touch it up, and keep it as original as possible. Not only because I couldn't afford to restore it, but also 'cause it's just so nice as is.

What a cool find!

TG

Edited by TG57Roadmaster (see edit history)

How did you get banned at the HAMB,you must have a dark side we dont know about to get banned there. I am actually suprised I have not been banned since I got into with a few on there and more suprised I have not been banned from here.

I went to the HAMB (even tho I'm banned...again!) and looked it over, what a sectacular find! It's great that he took the time to discover it's true history rather than just treating it like a an old custom car without regard. Love them old Caddys! Had more Caddys than Amphicars in my life. My 1st was a 66 ragtop almost the same color as this car.

It's easy to get banned from either site, just keep posting off topic comments or mention #at rod several times.

To avoid the latter problem, just mention "very well patinaed cars." in your post.

This post may self destruct at the wilm of the controller of program content.