Sign in to follow this  
wyobob

new find-1929 Dodge 1/2 ton

Does anyone know if the steering wheel on this pickup was natural wood or was it painted? I fixed mine so that I can roll the chassis around and it looks like it was painted on the underside at least. The photos I have seen don't show the steering wheel very well.

Wyobob,

Nice score! Glad to see you're making some progress with your truck. I was looking at your pic of the spoke wheel. Are they 19 inch tires? Hard to tell , but the hub caps look like my 30 DA Dodge caps and wheels. Mine have DB on them and made for 19 inch tires. Did you ever find vin #?

My steering wheel wheel is not wood rather the old bakelite/resin type. I imagine someone will chime in and let me know the right term for it.

Keep us posted. Pics are great!

Rod

Found the serial number! Had all the wheels off to do the brakes and cleaned the passenger side frame behind the rear mount for the front spring and there it was. P3664, engine is UT 3831. Does anyone know the build date?

Found the serial number! Had all the wheels off to do the brakes and cleaned the passenger side frame behind the rear mount for the front spring and there it was. P3664, engine is UT 3831. Does anyone know the build date?

The attached table list your frame number P3664 built between March 29 and June 31.

How is the body work coming? Is the cab all metal?

I have all my sheet metal and wood for my 1929 DB 3/4 ton model 805 cab assembled. Will be prepping for paint soon.

Did you ever get a build card from Chrysler Museum for Merchant truck?

post-71470-143142308657_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info. The body work is the last thing on the list, I wanted to be sure I could find all the parts (had to have some made) and get it running and stopping first I winter in AZ so it will have to wait until next spring to start on the wood. The top and wood are almost identical to yours. There are companies that sell wood kits for the pick up box floor which I will probably try. Haven't sent for the build sheet yet.

I thought it was interesting that there were so many different places the serial numbers are located. Lots of people sent me info on where they found numbers but mine on the right side in front of the rear mount for the front spring was different than any others I heard from.

Hi Bob,

I have parts list information for your truck, if you need anything I'd be happy to share. I sold the actual book but have copies on file that are simple to email.

post-69994-143142333875_thumb.jpg