1963, 64 and 65 Riviera Bumper cars

lrlforfun

OK Riviera People: As we all know, First-Gen Rivs are very popular now. I have seen people throw tons of money at them and there is one thing that I noticed that most people miss. This is one of the most important things pertaining to the cars looks and that's the alignment of the front bumpers. It has always been a pet peeve with me and so I decided to take action.

I am in the middle of building a 64 and a 65 Riv and I thought about using some really nice used bumpers I had. Well, the harder I worked on this thing and the nicer it started to look I figured, why not fresh front chrome? So I got some cores that were straight but had no chrome left on them and gave them to the bumper place. So I'm looking at this dark green 65 I have that is a borderline mess and I decided to replace the tweaked and tarnished chrome with excellent used front bumpers.

It was quite a struggle removing the rusted and frozen fasteners but after much cursing they were off. I replaced the dark green 65 bumpers with very nice shiny straight bumpers. Because ALL the fasteners were off.........AND HERE'S THE ENTIRE POINT OF THIS DISSERTATION.....I was able to make sure the bumpers were aligned as best as I could possibly get them. This really made a dramatic difference in the cars appearance. Just straight shiny chrome aligned well gave this borderline car a much much better look. The cost? Some fasteners at the hardware store, a can of PB Blaster and my time.

It is tedious and really not that hard and the results are fantastic! Mitch.