1930 Hup Radiator Problem

Guest Dvernon372

Guest Dvernon372

Hi Hup Friends. While working on the restoration of my 30 Century S, we discovered problems with the radiator. Two or three of the flues have bad leaks and will need to be repaired. The local radiator guy is saying he will need to ship it from Alabama to Maine to be fixed and the cost for the repair, made me sit down. Does anyone either have a radiator they would be willing to sell, know if there are other cars with radiators that would fit, or know a reasonable repair shop hopefully closer to me? I appreciate your thoughts.

regards,

David

You can try soldering the leaks or pinching off the offending tubes. keep looking for a shop that still can do repairs in-house.
We have a Hupmobile Club that may help you find a good radiator for your car. Just type Hupmobile Club on your browser. We have about 600 members , with over 1000 Hupmobiles owned by members. We have a parts locator that you can list that you need a radiator and a member may have a good one for sale. Members also have a lot of hard to find parts reproducted.

Guest Dvernon372

Hi. Thanks for responding. I signed up for the Hup Club back in August and received the envelope with contact data etc. I tried contacting the 1930 Century S expert, but the email was returned saying the address was not in service. ( I double checked the address) I then tried to contact the President of the club to see how to or who to contact. As yet, i have not received a response. I was excited when I found the club, but so far, it doesn't look like it's going to be too helpful if I can't get anyone to respond.

david