Sign in to follow this  
Dans 77 Limited

Then there were 3

Bought another Buick today.......and while I will never match the deal I got on my 77 , I think I did pretty good.

Its a 1975 Lesabre convertible. New top with glass back window. Solid body,54K milage, fair paint, dent in the bottom of the passenger door. Ive been told it has a 455 in it and the VIN code backs it up , but Im not sure. For one thing .....not to pick on the Buick........but honestly my 455 powered 73 Grandville will run circles around the Buick. The motor in the Buick looks more like a 350 to me and feels more like a 350 to my right foot. The car is well optioned A/C, power windows,speed alert, outside thermometer,delay wipers,power trunk release, rear window defroster and trip odometer.Im not sure what the original radio was since it now has a busted aftermarket radio in it now. Its light blue with a white and blue interior and a black top. So that now gives me 3 blue Buicks. Now I have to sell my Pontiac :( but I think for what I paid it was worth it. So now once again all my old cars are Buicks

Dan

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Congrats Dan. The 350 might have the 350 embossed in the motor on the back where the bell housing attaches. Just one quick way to determine if you are right.

This car may also have a catylitic converter. Perhaps it is getting plugged? Or the timing chain is stretched?

Guest my3buicks

Congrats Dan, each year the 455 power got more and more strangled - I have driven several 455 powered 75's and there is no comparison to the earlier ones in power.