2013 BCA National Meet, South Bend, Indiana

Guest 1951 Buick

I just want to add one item to the Thursday schedule that Roberta posted earlier....

The Prewar Division Dinner Meeting will be at Carmela's restaurant from 6:00 pm - 7:20 pm.

(Our meetings are usually short and sweet).

This should allow plenty of time to get back for the general membership meeting as it is only a five minute drive each way.

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)

Guest shadetree77

I have a question about one of the tour destinations. The L & L Gas Station Collection and Museum. I was trying to find the address and possibly a web site for it and can't find anything. Can someone point me in the right direction or provide a physical address?

Guest shadetree77

Good thing you called. Although, there would have been PLENTY of comfortable and roomy cars to choose from!!;)

Registrations surpassed 500 last night, and they are still rolling in. It should be a great show! Looking forward to it. I'll be leaving this weekend to attend the 30th Annual Arthritis Foundation Auto Show in Dublin (Columbus), OH next week. BCA member and past President Jeff Brashares has been in charge of it for 30 years now. If you ever get a chance, come out and see over 2000 vehicles and motorcycles in a great setting. Then on to the Buick Nationals in South Bend, IN. See you all there.

I called them back this morning and explained what was going on and ALL of the sudden they had a cancellation so i got my 4th nited i needed so dont need St marys hotel dont have to move looking forward to show counting down the days,,show in columbus 12,13th next s.bend

Guest my3buicks
Registrations surpassed 500 last night, and they are still rolling in. It should be a great show! Looking forward to it. I'll be leaving this weekend to attend the 30th Annual Arthritis Foundation Auto Show in Dublin (Columbus), OH next week. BCA member and past President Jeff Brashares has been in charge of it for 30 years now. If you ever get a chance, come out and see over 2000 vehicles and motorcycles in a great setting. Then on to the Buick Nationals in South Bend, IN. See you all there.

Have been going to the Arthritis Foundation show for years, fantastic show all around. I will see you there Roy, will be the new Reatta's debut.

I was hoping someone could give me some insight into what the swap meet at the national meet is like and when it takes place. I would love to attend the entire event, but my schedule doesn't allow for it. Is this an event I might find parts for my '30 Buick?

Thanks,

SC

The swap runs from Wednesday through Saturday, although some vendors may not arrive first thing and some may depart or not vend on Saturday, so I would say Thursday or Friday might be the best; however, it would be a shame to miss the cars some of which will not be there until Saturday. Anyway, stop by the Pre-War Division hangout whenever you get there and say hello. John

Thanks John. I think I might be able to get there for part of Friday and Saturday.

The swap runs from Wednesday through Saturday, although some vendors may not arrive first thing and some may depart or not vend on Saturday, so I would say Thursday or Friday might be the best; however, it would be a shame to miss the cars some of which will not be there until Saturday. Anyway, stop by the Pre-War Division hangout whenever you get there and say hello. John

Have been going to the Arthritis Foundation show for years, fantastic show all around. I will see you there Roy, will be the new Reatta's debut.

Ill be there also ,,about 10 from North East ohio chapter always come also,,

My father and I will be bringing this 1941 Buick Series 90 6P Sedan to South Bend. Thanks Mike Book. My brother Michael owns this car but cannot make it to the South Bend Meet. I am looking forward to seeing all the Beautiful Buicks at the meet.

Where i work in Lorain,Oh at Joyce Buick as a dealer prep my boss last year sold their 41 series 90 sedan,, I was sorry to see them sell it ,,went to someone in Indiana same color as yours,,ill be in South Bend also

post-32314-143141995779_thumb.jpg

Hey Buzguy, You want to spend some time with Buicks but in the NE. Hope you signed up for Das Awkscht Fescht on August, 2,3, 4 this year. Feature car is Buick and we expect over 150. You needed to be registered by the end of June. We are expecting a lot of fun. Get us ready for the BCA National in Allentown in 2016. Hope to see you there, at least as a spectator. John

The swap meet is definitely a challenge as to decide when to go. You have to go through early to find the rare bits or great deals before someone else snaps up that part you desperately need. However, not all vendors are there at the beginning...and not all of them are there at the end. I attempt to go through things at least twice, close to the beginning of the meet, and closer to the end, so I can see all the vendors.

That said, having a list of what you are after, and knowing what you are capable of carrying back home with you helps a lot. If all you are looking for is a particular year, especially pre-war, makes it a lot quicker as there are entire vendors you can quickly eliminate as not having what you are after.

Where i work in Lorain,Oh at Joyce Buick as a dealer prep my boss last year sold their 41 series 90 sedan,, I was sorry to see them sell it ,,went to someone in Indiana same color as yours,,ill be in South Bend also
Thanks Regal, My brother purchased the car in Michigan in 2007.

I'm just sayin'. I remember somebody in New England complaining that Danvers was two hours away.

Austin to Portland is FAR.

Way more than ten hours, and I will be attending that one.

agreed 10 hours is close, living in the middle of the country everything is not close.......Springfield will be the shortest drive for us in several years

Guest shadetree77

Just made my hotel reservations down the road in Elkhart (hotels are cheaper over there:p). My Wife and I will be there for sure. My Dad isn't able to come. Lucy won't be attending either as she isn't dressed for the occasion (no front clip and old tires). We will be leaving Thursday morning (18th) after I get off work and making the 10 hour drive to South Bend. We'll be at the Forum breakfast Friday morning. Now I just have to resist the urge to KEEP my gift swap present! It's a cool little item. Can't wait to meet everyone.

Guest BuzGuy

10 hours Close? Well I guess its in your perspective. My wife doesn't think its close and having never attended one of these events, I'm not sure its worth going t war over. Last year I went to the National Impala Annual Meet in New Jersey... I was really glad it was only three hours away. Even then I'm not sure it was worth the 3 hour trip. Thanks, BuzGuy

Robert, your post #191, WOW that got my attention.

Somehow I had my computer calendar marked that the Nationals were THIS WEEKEND. Had I not seen your comment about leaving Thursday the 18th., well I would have driven up a week EARLY.

I will never know how I did that, but the good Lord had me read Roberts post, and save me total shame, hehehe. I guess I'm a D.O.G. darn old geezer.

Thank You Robert, kind of reminds me of when in grade school, I ran home for lunch, Mom said, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE, I said for lunch, she said RUN BACK TO SCHOOL IT'S RECESS TIME.....

See ya Sat the 20th.

Dale in Indy

Buzguy, As the say goes, Different Strokes for Different Folks. Those of us that attend the Buick National sure think it is worth the time and expense to have a good time, enjoying old and new friendships as well as seeing a lot of beautiful Buicks. And maybe pick up a few missing parts and a bit of knowledge about our cars. John

I have a "Jacuzi King Non-Smoking room at the Inn at St. Marys beginning Thursday that I will be needing to cancel soon. And I just got an email from them advising that I could upgrade it for $1 to this.

King Suite Deluxe

• The King Suite Deluxe features two separate rooms: a Living Room and a Bedroom.
  • The Living Room offers a double pull out sofa sleeper and a small dining table and sink area.
  • For your convenience you will also find a refrigerator and microwave, coffee service, and a flat screen TV.

PM me if interested in taking it and we'll see what we can figure out.

Guest 1957BUICK SLT

Planning on bringing my mild chopped top 57 Buick to South Bend next week.

Hopefully your restorers won't be hard on me for not being 100% original.

The theme of the build was to look like a 57 Buick PROTOTYPE for the

New York New Car Auto Show. Enjoy.