lights

Tim Wolfe

Will installing the new led lights in my car affect the judging or would it be concidered a safety item?

If a sharp-eye judge catches that you have installed LED lights here are the deductions depending on which lights are non-authentic which requires a full deduction per light that is incorrect. They have not been allowed as a "safety" item at this point.

Headlights - 5 points each

Side/Parking lights - 3 points each

Tail lights - 3 points each

Driving/ Fog lights - 3 points each

Thanks Susan, I was just wanting a little more light when driving home after a show and led bulbs seemed to be the answer, more light and less heat.

You are welcome. If it isn't a huge hassle to do so, put correct bulbs in for AACA Meets and change them out before you drive home in the dark. (Not sure of course how hard this would be to do on your vehicle.)

Just remember if you can't see them, then the Judge can't deduct for them. You didn't say what year car it was, but many of the early 20's cars had head and tail lights you can't really see the bulb inside. So if you can't see it and it does not require a wire modification then you should be able to get by with them. Judging will not have you remove the lense or anything.

Just remember if you can't see them, then the Judge can't deduct for them. You didn't say what year car it was, but many of the early 20's cars had head and tail lights you can't really see the bulb inside. So if you can't see it and it does not require a wire modification then you should be able to get by with them. Judging will not have you remove the lense or anything.

From a judge's perspective, the objective is to have/restore vehicles as they could have come from the factory. Not to try to get things past the judges that are not correct.

Susan. I too am a Judge and I take no offense in someone making their car safe to drive on the street. They key is driving the car which I like to see people do, and it makes no sense for that individual to have to change out the bulbs everytime. Like I said if I can't see it, I can't judge it. If I saw it I would deduct for it.