1956 Buick Sedan Delivery For Sale On eBay

Dave Gelinas (XP-300)

looks like they were following too close behind a paint delivery truck and a 5 gallon bucket of blue. a quart of yellow and a pint of red fell off it and this is the result. While I appreciate a nice custom, I just see so many hours and $$ spent on this car that could have been spent on restoring it to a 400 point car. I think it will be hard for the creator (assuming it is the seller) to find anyone else that has the same taste as they did to be willing to pay the axing.

• Like 2

As I said it's wild.

I'm a purist when it comes to collector cars.

I'm not trying to get a thread started, custom jobs vs. stock. I'm sure that has been expressed many times in the forum. I posted it for interest only. I would rather have the 1956 Buick wagon be stock.

Mr Earl is right; a lot of money was wasted.

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)

I think Mr Earl summed it up well.

I like the idea of the car. Sedan delivery vehicles are cool. It seems like they did a decent job on the fabrication.

The problem with this one is it is dated looking.

To paraphrase Buick : "Suddenly, it's 1993!". "fresh tweed interiors" "monotone paint schemes" "tiny (are you sure you really want these?) flames"

Its just a dated street rod.

Did they make a sedan delivery in 56, or just a wagon?

I like modifieds, but I just can't do clown cars- call me old fashioned, but the chrome is what makes a 50's car.

Once you paint the chrome, you lost me. Flames don't work for me either. The engine compartment is still original, the 3 speed is cool and the interior aint bad either. I would start throwing stripper on the paint right now, that paint will probably scare off alot of buyers and it could be a cool car under there.

The biggest and most glaring problem is he started with a 4dr wagon and just filled in the rear doors/windows. A true sedan delivery from GM started life on the 2 dr wagon platform which used longer doors. So it does not look correct even if Buick did build one. Rich

Far as I know - they did not build sedan delivery's as attempted here by this owner. Ionia bodies wagons are all that I have documentation for.

Not my cup-o-tea here either, but to each own. If he's happy and driving on the streets, more power to him. Like the others mentioned, I'd have spent that money/ labor of love restoring a beautiful 1956 Buick wagon and proudly haul my family to the supermarket in it.

Cheers,

Budd

Take a look at what another person has done to a 1956 Buick. He turned into a 1956/1957. Not my cup of tea, but some people like these things.

Buick : Riviera Kool Kustom in Buick | eBay Motors

:(

post-58764-143139193055_thumb.jpg

post-58764-143139193058_thumb.jpg

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)

Guest 4 bufords

i met the guy who did this car about 5-6 years ago at the good guys show in hershey.told me a lot about the mods on it.saw the car in columbus,ohio the following year,nice job,wouldn't mind having it in my garage,4 bufords from ct

• 6 years later...

I would like to see a sedan delivery mod that looked like something that could credibly have come from the factory. I had an actual '60 Chevrolet sedan delivery but the body wasn't in very good condition and I had it when I was young and dumb (now old and dumb) and knew little about interchangeability of parts. Unfortunately I have neither the skills to undertake a project of that magnitude or the funds to have such a project professionally done.

I would also like to see some car/pickup like the El Camino made that look as if they credibly could have cone from the factory. I have seen front ends and sheet metal from other GM cars added to a real El Camino to look like a similar vehicle from another GM brand. Too bad GM wasn't willing to do this back in the day. How about a Tempest/Lemans size Pontiac 2 door wagon, or sedan delivery, or El Camino like car/pickup with an OHC Sprint 6 and a four speed?