Sign in to follow this  
Triple a

1955 T'bird 6 volt battery

New member so pls excuse any errors in posting. Can anyone direct me to where I can find a six volt battery for my 1955 T'bird. This is a nice "driver" so I do not feel the need to use a $300. vintage power pack battery; just want a workable alternative.

Benefits of AACA Membership.

If you are looking for a battery that is original in appearance here are a few websites.

They are a bit expensive, prices are generally in the $200 range. But then again everything related to an antique car is expensive.

Antique Auto Battery

ANTIQUE AUTO BATTERY

Antique Classic Car Scrip Battery - Free Shipping

Visit my website at: Bob's Vintage Cars

Vila

1933 Chevrolet

1962 Triumph TR4

1984 BMW 633 CSi

Welcome to the AACA forum. I think you will like it here. In regard to your question, Tractor Supply is one good place to get a reasonably priced 6 volt battery. Do remember though; the car is a positive ground. Again, welcome aboard!

I just got home from Napa. They have them on the shelf. Group 2N 6V

If you are not concerned about original appearance then the longest lasting and easiest on maintenance would be a 6 volt Optima battery. Plenty of cold cranking amps and no terminal corrosion and water to add.

Joe

We have a '55 Thunderbird where the owner's very clever and enterprising mechanic put an Optima inside an original-looking case. Very slick.

post-31138-143139181239_thumb.jpg