Is this normal?????

Guest Amicus

Ok, I know most of you guys are old hands at this classic Buick stuff, but.........I'm beginning to feel a bit like Arnie in Stephen King's (my favorite modern author) "Christine". I keep finding myself going out and touching her, and sitting in her, and starting her, and CARESSING her! LOL While I wouldn't mind her "restoring herself", I just hope the radio doesn't come on, especially since there are no speakers yet!

Ok, I know most of you guys are old hands at this classic Buick stuff, but.........I'm beginning to feel a bit like Arnie in Stephen King's (my favorite modern author) "Christine". I keep finding myself going out and touching her, and sitting in her, and starting her, and CARESSING her! LOL While I wouldn't mind her "restoring herself", I just hope the radio doesn't come on, especially since there are no speakers yet!

LOL...yup normal!

"Totally normal" . . . period!

Just treat her with the respect that she deserves. DON'T forget to talk to here, too! What's her name? I named my '70 Skylark Custom "Skyler", for example. But then, too, when she was new, it was quite common for people to name their cars.

Keep on enjoyin'!

NTX5467

"Totally normal" . . . period!

Just treat her with the respect that she deserves. DON'T forget to talk to here, too! What's her name? I named my '70 Skylark Custom "Skyler", for example. But then, too, when she was new, it was quite common for people to name their cars.

Keep on enjoyin'!

NTX5467

I haven't named her yet.....hubby thinks it's silly, lol! But I WILL name her, and it must start with a "k".

Agree with the others. Totally normal. I do this with my 37 that only took 38 years to satisfy a dream. He goes by the name "Silverstreak" as named by the previous owner's father years ago as the color is Hampton Gray. Still can't believe this car is in my garage so he gets touched alot just to be sure he is real. Unfortunately I do have to reach into some areas when doing an examination and assessment of his condition. I try to be respectful about this in the same manner as my Urologist does when he goes digital with me. Know what I mean, Guys?:)

I only get that feeling from polishing the front fender peaks on the Riviera.......... well the concave hood panels, too. And the indentations on the quarter panel scoops. That flat edge by the quarter window that flares into the rear quarter panels has a special feel under the polishing cloth, too. Then there is the razor edge beside the tail light and the sail panel......................................................

Bernie

Nothing strange about that. My wife goes out to the garage every night and says "good night" to our two girls, a 1940 LaSalle Special and a 1956 Mark II Continental. She has also named them.

What a great wife. When my wife goes past the cars in the garage she says nothing, but I'm certain she is repeating an unrepeatable name for each of them. LOL

Actually that's bogus. She likes em too but we have never named them.

When your wife asks you "where you going" and it's ten at night... and your reply is "I forgot something in the garage".:o Then you'll know your normal.

And if I'm the "wife"???? LOL

Some spouses just don't understand the bond between an owner and their car. Or the fact that each vehicle has a certain character or personality about it. I guess many people are "in love" with Toyotas due to their "appliance" personality and "neutral" character? YUK!

To me, one of the joys of ownership is learning all of the aspects of a vehicle's character and personality . . . what it likes doing, what it might ask "WHY??" about, and coaxing it to discover it can successfully do some of those "WHY??" things and have fun doing them. Like learning that it doesn't like WOT just off idle, but likes it much better from 25mph and up. Where it likes its ignition timing and tire pressures, too. When y'all get keyed-into those things with your vehicles, acknowledging their personality and such, then those one-sided-appearing conversations you have really ARE two-sided conversations . . . just that others can't hear or feel the second side of things. Kind of like those "invisible person" television shows (as "Topper" in the '50s or so). At least, these can be more "normal" than seeing a person talking as they look into thin air, only to finally realize that the person is talking with a bluetooth cell phone connection!

PLUS, if we were "normal" we'd not be playing cars at our advancing ages! BUT . . . it just depends upon WHO sets the standard for "normal" . . . which is a VERY "point of reference" sort of thing.

ENJOY!

NTX5467