68 Console Shifter/200r4 Trans

Has anyone sucessfully modified a stock console shifter for a 200r4 trans, I want the overdrive but not at the expense of my OEM console.

I have a console in my 72GS and a 200-4R trans ,and I made it work by drilling a hole in the shifter arm 3/4 inch closer to the pivot. It worked OK without drilling, but I could not hold it in low as I could not move the lever far enough. This meant that When I aacelerated hard, the tires would come loose ,and when I backed off to hook them up it would shift to second.If you don't plan on racng the car,you can set it up so that D is overdrive ,second is drive and low is second. There is also a kit available from TCI that will allow you to use the lock up convertor

I could live without shifting into low. Are the detents spaced the same in the 200r4 as the th400, my biggest worry was that when I put in in gear the trans would be between gears. Good idea about changing the pivot point to get extra range. I was thinking more along the lines of taking an aftermarket shifter and adapting the shifter handle assembly to it.