72 carb parts

I have a 72 Skylark 350 2-bbl Rochester carb.I am interested in getting a choke coil assembly. the local auto parts store does not show one listed for that car until 75. the carb number is 7042142(stamped on the side if the fuel inlet housing)any info on the carb would be appreciated.

Try Napa, they should show something. It should be the same for 70-72 I would think. Maybe try the local yards, they always seem to have an abundance of 2bbl still there (wonder why nobody wants 'em hehe). I'm headed to yard here again tomorrow, I can pull one if you want it. Lemme know.<P>Scott<BR>'71 350-2

Borg Warner used to catalog many of the older divorced choke thermostats after GM discontinued them. Those thermostate typically were very durable, but the springs could get a little tighter with time. When that happens, you might slightly bend the linkage a little longer to compensate. Don't forget to check the vacuum pull-off for correct operation too.<P>I concur that NAPA would be a good place to start.<P>Enjoy!<BR>NTX5467

Thank you for the suggestions.sorry I did not answer sooner but I was away.I am going to try a Napa store this week, if not I will try to adjust the old one.