Straight 8 Performance parts or mods???

I`m sure this questions been asked before but I`m new here so humour me please.What is available and where do you get it? I want to get my old girl cranking a bit harder so any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. smile.gif" border="0

Guest oldtimer

it depends on the size of the motor. if it's a 320 you can get pistons from egge (www.egge.com),have your cam re-ground (most places don't have a core on hand) and it's easier to find a multiple carb intake (stock or aftermarket). if it's a 263 or 248 you need to have custom pistons made (ross racing pistons will do it for $$$$$), the cam stuff is the same (moon and isky will do it) and the multiple carb intake are out there but are harder to find. there is a book out there on hoping up the gmc 6 and buick str. 8 for about 15 bux. hope this helped and good luck.<p>[ 03-17-2002: Message edited by: oldtimer ]

I was thinking that those baked on coatings on the pistions would be the only way to raise the compression. I saw them before in a Chevy magazine.

The biggest impediment to performance of the 320 ci will be the Dynaflow transmission.<P>Some guys have swapped the Dynaflow, torque tube & differential for later items. - Manual transmission & open drive shaft.<BR>See <A HREF="http://gamma.nic.fi/~marlin/Rmaster.htm." TARGET=_blank>http://gamma.nic.fi/~marlin/Rmaster.htm.</A> This is a 1946 Roadmaster<P>A slow differential (4.1 ??) will not help cruising. For series 40's (special) & series 50's (super) have read that 1940 to 1952 differential's swap so to get a higher speed diff. Not sure if this works for your Roadmaster 76C