Wheels for my buick

Hi, <BR> I have a 1989 Buick Century 3.3L V6. I have come across a free set of factory wheels and tires off of a '97 firebird. The lug pattern is the same and the hieght would fit but the wheels are too wide and wont even reach the studs before touching the dust shield near the engine. Is there some kind of extension that i could put on my car so that the wheels could fit? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks<BR> Martin

Sorry, but if there is a hack spacer to do this, don't. The stock Centry wheels have a lot of negative offset and are not made to interchange with a rear drive car, that has far less (to zero or even positive) offset.

Thats right the Century is FWD and the Firebird is RWD. Completely different suspension geometry.Completely different wheels. Maybe you could sell the Firebird wheels for more than the right FWD wheels would cost. The yards around me are full of FWD Delta 88's that have a nice alloy with a spoke pattern thats a good looking 15"wheel. Buick wheels seem harder to come by. I did find a set of rare 1986 15" FWD Buick alloys for $100.00 they do need cleaning up and clearcoat.

• 3 weeks later...

You might want to recheck the bolt pattern.<BR>I believe the '89 Century had 5 bolts on a 100 mm circle, the bigger GM FWD cars used a 5 on 115mm. Camaro/Firebirds before going metric were 5 on 4.75(inches)(120mm)<BR>I am not sure what the metric number is,but it is probably not the same as the Century.