Soft top rear window

Guest Villagomez

Guest Villagomez

I purchased the vehicle ('89) with the a broken rear window on the soft top broken. So I am scared if I replace with another glass window it will break again. Has anyone replaced it with a plastic or plexiglass? And if how did you go about doing it? yourself? or a shop?

I purchased the vehicle ('89) with the a broken rear window on the soft top broken. So I am scared if I replace with another glass window it will break again. Has anyone replaced it with a plastic or plexiglass? And if how did you go about doing it? yourself? or a shop?

I replaced mine with a used window. If you do this make sure you get all the material that surrounds it included. You don't need to worry about breaking it as long as you follow instructions in owners manual. If you use plastic or plexiglass I would suggest a shop.

Guest Painterir

I bought as 90 with the same problem. Go to topsonline.com. 1-888-803-8505, They sell new window assemblies glass or plastic. I am going to use plastic, cheaper and I don't want another busted window.

Guest Painterir

I have a 90 TC and trying to remove the instrument assembly. I have all the screws out and have it lose, but can't figure how to remove the head light knob. It says to raise the cover and push the button on the lighting assembly, but I do not see a button, and can't raise the cover very far. Anyone know how to do this? Reply to me at plheinitz@hotmail.com please. Thanks, Chuck in WA.

Guest My TC Toy

Painterir, you should start this with a new thread. But, to answer your question- if you move the panel to one side as much as you can and pull out the light switch lever and use a shop light to look into the left side of the light switch you will eventually see a button in the centre of the switch almost to the back of the switch. Using a LONG slim flat blade screwdriver depress this button while wiggling and gently pulling on the light switch lever it will pop out. It is a bit hard to acomplish but this procedure works. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...