Dual Exhaust - 340 engine

Need to replace the exhaust system on my '66 Skylark. Car has the original-spec Y-pipe and single muffler and 2" tail pipe.<P>My engine and chassis are identical to the 1967 GS 340 and GS California, which came with dual exhaust. That is what I would like to change to. The vendor various catalogs are confusing because they usually skip 1966 and only mention the big block GS for 1967.<P>Don't want a local shop bending pipes into little flex straws to fit some generic A-body kit.<P>Has anyone bought a ready-made dual exhaust system (especially the head pipes) for a 340?

In the Flint MI area ,we have numerous muffler shops that do an outstanding job of pipe bending. I would wager that in your area you will find a shop that all the street rodders go to ,and they will do a very satisfactory job. It has been my experience that the systems purchased from the vendors still need a little tweaking to fit properly. smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

I had duel exhaust custom bent on my 67 at a shop in Burke. This is not to far from you. It came out great and I would not hesitate to recommend him. The pipes are aluminized (most are) in which (believe it or not) Midas has done it. A guy named "Howard" does the custome exhaust - If he still works there. This shop should only be 15 minutes away from you. Give me a call if you would like to know more details. <BR>Ken Ossenfort<BR>703-753-1241