Transmission question?

I soon am placing my order for a new tci turbo 350 tranny and STOCK torque converter.I just had one more question about my problem though. When I got stuck with the car it started to make a horrible grinding noise and started jerking pretty bad.I tried to leave where I was stuck only to find I had no reverse. So I called up my brother to have him help me push the car out of the parking spot im in only to find out the rear is locked and wont move. Then we put in in neutral,still no movement in the rear.I had to jack up the rear and pull the car out of the spot to drive to the shop in only 1 gear.So my question is,is it just my transmission thats messed up?Is that typical of a blown tranny? Thank you

I'd guess you have a rear problem. Unbolt the drive shaft at the rear universal joint, and drop the driveshaft. That will allow you to turn the rear. That will tell you if it is the rear or not. As many transmissions that I have blown up, I've never had one lock up like that. But there is a first for everything. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.<P>Ross

• 1 month later...

it is the tranny no doubt. it happened to my th400 in october. get the tci piece. mine is ordered too. i think the front pump went out. causing the not enough pressure to go into reverse and keep it in park, when not in drive.