'71 Riviera

Hey everybody,<BR> i have a chance to buy a 71 riviera for 150 dollars. it has no engine but bodys good , solid floor, good dash, and rear windshield is in perfect condition!! i love the window. can someone please tell me the cheapest way possible to get a hold of a new/used 454???<BR> Thanks, Martin

If you want the Buick 455, I have a rebuilt 73 from an Estate Wagon. It cost $3500 for the engine work. <P>Email if interested. I am in MN<BR>pwilkens@herc.com

These engines are fairly common in junkyards. I would look for a 71-74 455, because their were a few improvements to the oil system starting with the 71 model year. Compression can be changed with different pistons, and EGR manifolds can be swapped out. If you want a performance engine then I would suggest you do some research before rebuilding an engine. TA performance, and Poston make performance Buick parts. They also sell books on building performance buick engines.<P>Most all full size buicks of this era use all the same underhood parts, so find one that still has most of them and take EVERYTHING. You might want to look at pictures of Riviera engines to see what you are missing. <P>I can send you some pics if you like.<P>Tomsriv<BR>71 Riv<P>[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Tomsriv ]<p>[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Tomsriv ]