First Generation Seat Foam

60FlatTop

I plan on buying Clark's new front seat foam for my new '64 standard interior. I would like to replace the rear seat foam as well. Has anyone used the fronts and modified them to fit the rear or have you just carved new ones from a block of foam?

Bernie

Guest Steeleco

Bernie,

I just received seat covers from Clarks myself and will start the install soon. I was thinking about buying some 1" high density foam and putting it on top of what is already there. The high density foam is about 20 bucks for enough to do a seat. A company called Garys upholstry "online" sells it. Does anyone think that will work? Secondly how do you attach the foam to the seat frame?

Thanks

The foam is held to a small paper wrapped "run-a-round" wire on the seating surface of the springs. A few hog rings hold it in place and the rest of the hog ring hold the "seat seam wire" and foam.

Those deep channels and the shape of the foam are critical to a good fit and straight seams. Life's experience tells me buying the $120 fabricated replacement foam will have some intangible rewards over 20 bucks worth Gary's stuff.

Bernie

post-46237-143139153009_thumb.jpg

post-46237-143139153004_thumb.jpg

post-46237-143139153007_thumb.jpg

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)