1974 indy 500 olds delta 88 convertible festival car #10

Guest deblister

Guest deblister

I have this 1974 Delta 88 convertible that belonged to my father. I have emailed Mr. Badgley and he gave the information that it was the #10 car issued to a Walter Kirkwood. It is in need of restoration. Some of the documents that were in the car about the Indy 500 do not have a name on them. I would like to sell this car no one in the family is interested in restoring the car. My father purchased it in 1991 in Indiana. I would like to know if any one can guide on where to list this for sale. I have tried the local papers in New Mexico and no luck.

Thanks for any information you can help with.

Debbie

Debbie,

Your best bet is a classified ad in Journey With Olds, which is the newsletter of the Oldsmobile Club of America. You can contact the JWO editor at jwo@torchcreative.com. Of course, there are always options like Hemmings Motor News and ebay. Do you have photos and additional information that you can upload here?

Actually I think the Hurst/Olds Club of America is your best bet to sell this car since, unlike the Cutlass H/O variants, all of the Delta Pace Car convertibles saw track duty as part of the 1974 Pace Car program. Calvin Badgley knows these cars intimately and is probably the most knowledgeable guy around on them.

The big drawback to these cars is that no one knows what they are and people just see a big old 70s convertible.

I've often thought what a visual impression having a Delta Pace Car to go with my Cutlass Pace Car would make, but since I am totally stalled on the H/O, makes no sense to acquire another one esp one needing restoration.

Now, our AACA Executive Director who just bought a low mile 74 Hurst/Olds OTOH... Steve, you need the pair.

• 4 weeks later...