Pulleys for 54,55, 56' Buick 322ci nailhead

Guest btate

I am adding a/c and power steering to my 264ci nailhead. I need a harmonic balancer for a 322 ci crank and to bolt on as many pulleys required to have a 3 groove pulley. In addition a two groove pulley for the water pump. Any help appreciated. bill

Bill, Are you going aftermarket AC and power steering or ?

I have a complete 55 airconditioning set up that would include what you are looking for IE balancer, all the pullies, a 5 blade fan and the offset power steering pump. I was planning on selling the a/c unit as a whole but may consider breaking it up.

email me 1954buick at gmail dot com

I have already purchased the power steering and I assume it is like an original. The a/c I have not purchased but I want a trunk mounted unit. So, I guess your pulleys are out of the question but if not I would like to buy them. Thanks Bill

Even if the power steering unit you purchased is an original unit, the pump most likely will not be from an AC car. It will need to be though, so that the alignment with the other pulleys will match. That is what I'm saying I have, a power steering pump from and AC car.

The AC unit I have is the stock unit which is as you speak of, the "trunk mounted" unit with the clear tubes coming up from the rear package tray. But I'm here to tell ya, while it is probably 90% complete it will need TOTAL restoration. There's two or three on here that have experience with that and I'm sure will be happy to help guide you in that process.

But no, buying the pullies separate from the AC unit isn't out of the question, just let me know what you want

email me 1954buick@gmail.com

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Thanks mr. Earl, I am not attracted to the clear tubes on the original a/c. I will do the after market grilles on the back glass shelf. I would have loved to been able to take that unit off your hands. Since I have already purchased the ps and pump , I will let my mechanic see what he can do with it first. I would like to purchase the three groove crank pulley and the two groove water pump pulley, if that is possible.

Bill,

Just a heads up. Coming from a guy who has a 55 two door sedan with factory equipped package tray based AC unit, and another 55 with an aftermarket under dash unit, you WILL be happier with the air coming at your face rather than the back of your head. If you are installing an aftermarket unit, you would get dinged in judging anyway.... Go for comfort. Get an under dash unit!