An E-mail Suggestion!

This week, I received an e-mail that concerned the usual economic concerns of our time. These e-mails do not generally bother me, since if I have received them before, I just delete them. This time, the e-mail had been forwarded to a long list of e-mail users and their names had been “copied” openly.

<O:p</O:p

Well, as the case may sometimes be, one of the receivers took issue and send back a long list of comments, statements, and sometimes famous quotes to the entire e-mail list, which upset a lot of readers.

To prevent this from happening in the future, I suggested that all forwarded e-mails have addresses "blind copied". Now, I know most all of us know this, but some may get lazy and just “blow it out there” without thinking.

Please, be courteous to your e-mail friends, and “blind copy”!!!

Wayne<O:p</O:p

• 1 month later...

Also important -- if you decide to forward one of these emails on to friends or foes, do the other recipients a favor and delete all those email addresses from the body of the email before you hit send. Spammers love those long lists of email addresses that result when people forward and don't delete again and again!\

Jan K.