'22 Light Six Touring on CL, Georgia

The radiator shell should be painted, and those wheels do not appear to be correct. The wheels look way over sized for that car. Given that the radiator was done incorrectly, and the wheels appear incorrect, I wonder what else was done wrong during the restoration. </SPAN>

Agree with the comments on the radiator shell, body and top colors but the wheels may be the oirginal parts and color. The 1921 and 1922 Light Six had the option of disc wheels (p/n 39868) which took a 32" x 4" tire so it had a 24" rim. In 1923 and 1924 the disc wheel option was changed to a 23" rim taking a 30" x 3-1/2" tire. Perhaps Studebaker recognized the oversized looked and tried to reduce that a bit. My 1923 Light Six Tourer came with the disc wheel option and they too look a bit oversized. When stripping the green paint off the car, the original black finish was underneath, but the wheels had red under the green with nothing under the red. That red also had that vintage "varnish style" paint look and sheen to it. I'm on the fence on the original wheel color.

Scott

post-66547-143139145949_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...