Holley carburetor help

Guest tommygfunk

Guest tommygfunk

On my 1957 312 I have a Holley 4 barrel carburetor that was just rebuilt last year and works fantastic, but today I replaced the old fuel line with a new one and when I tightened the fitting that screws into the carburetor and receives the actual fuel line the adapter I will call it stripped the threads in the carburetor. There are enough threads to screw it in, but not enough to tighten it up. What can I do to fix this? I really don’t have the money to put into it, but it leaks like the titanic!<O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:p

You could try Locktite shaft and key compound. You would have to heat it up to remove it though in the future.

I used it on a crank shaft to harmonic balancer and it hasen't let go yet. The shaft was so loose that the balancer would turn back and forth when I accelerated.

You could try Locktite shaft and key compound. You would have to heat it up to remove it though in the future. You have nothing to loose, the carb is junk now. Just keep an eye on it for seeping.

I used it on a crank shaft to harmonic balancer and it hasen't let go yet. The shaft was so loose that the balancer would turn back and forth when I accelerated.

Ps, that carb has a nick name of a "tea pot" or as others call it "the towering infernal"