t Keith

thanks for the response. Do you know of proven performance parts for the vin C.<BR>IE. cams so fourth that would boost power considerable? I put one in a 88 Fiero and am dissapointed with performance. Quick but not fast. I have yet to swap the lower geared transaxle into it. Would like more horsepower when i do the swap to the lower <BR>geared axle any suggestions?

T-Keith is the guy to ask if anything can be done, however I do know there are no performance cams available. The 3800 tends to be a good torque producer but it is not a high revving engine in standard form. I don't know what axle ratio you are using but something close to the factory ratios of 2.97-3.33 seem to be good choices with the 2000 rpm torque peak.

I still havent taken one of these front-drive engines apart or had to.But with the old english sports cars we used to send the cams out for custom grinds.Cant this be done with these?Maybe it wont work with hydrolic lifters? Didnt we once determine that the 3.3 had higher comp.pistons,same bore?Then would higher volumne injectors from the Turbo Regals work with the proper prom.?<P>Just courious what transmission did you use in the Fiero? I would like to see one of these hooked up to a 5 or 6 sp.<P>So many ideas ,so little time (and money).

Well I haven't done alot of research on this, 2seater has. I have torn apart a '87 3.8 though. I have heard rumors that an older RWD cam would work in the 86-87s, but I'm not sure if this is true. <BR>As for compression, you could always have the heads machined, but you may run into some pushrod issues. As for all this stuff you may be running into computer problems, it would be best if you could program your own chips. <BR>If you want more power, you could always go with a supercharged engine. <BR>As for trannies, try a non-3800 car. My old GP SE had pretty aggresive gears.<P>Sorry for all the unorganized info.