Calling all nailheaders

Group,<BR> <BR>If you have ever supported, do support, or plan on your kids supporting the nailhead and anything that is performance related to the nailhead... LISTEN UP!<BR> <BR>Edelbrock used to make a dual quad intake, the B262, for the 401/425 setup. They are a diamond in the rough if you can find one. There's a small revival to appeal to Edelbrock and bring back the B262 in current production runs that started here on this bulletin board. Nobody at the lower levels in Edelbrock remembers where the molds are, even if they still exist (no problem, a naiheader has offered to donate his as a pattern). They are deferring to the man himself, Vic Edelbrock, to carry on correspondence about this possibility. With Car Craft's article next month on the nailhead and some die-hard fans out there, maybe ol' Vic can see the light at the end of the Buick tunnel. Who knows what the bean counters will say, but one thing is for certain - you can't ignore the old fashioned letter.<BR> <BR>If this sounds like a band-wagon worth getting on, write to them and let them know your feelings:<BR>Edelbrock <BR>Vic Edelbrock <BR>2700 California St. <BR>Torrance, Ca. 90503 <BR> <BR>Mine's drafted up and will go out on Monday's mail. Ooh yeah, pass this info on to anyone else that you can think of that loves Buick torque.<BR> <BR>I know that putting words down on paper can be too much to ask for but I've come up with a simple format to follow:<BR>"Dear Mr. Edelbrock,<BR> <BR>Me want B262 nailhead intake." <BR> <BR>That is all,<BR> <BR>Eric Hubbard<BR>66' Skylark Gran Sport<BR>Minot AFB, ND<BR>c_ehubbard@hotmail.com

HMMMM...My uncle met Vic several years ago at a NHRA event up here as I recall...I recall him saying Vic was a very nice guy to talk to....I don't currently own any 401/425 cars, but I highly support the revival of a long, some thought lost and forgotten manifold.<P> I am gonna drop him some mail smile.gif" border="0<P><BR> don55

Guest oldtimer

i've posted on 2 other boards about needing letters. the buick bombsite message board and kustom car deluxe. EVERYONE write a letter, even if you don't own a nailhead. they are great motors and we need your help.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.ckdeluxe.com/home.html" TARGET=_blank>www.ckdeluxe.com/home.html</A><p>[ 10-09-2001: Message edited by: oldtimer ]

Guest oldtimer

i received this e-mail from a web site i asked to post the edelbrock intake help, check this out :<BR> <A HREF="http://www.ckdeluxe.com" TARGET=_blank>www.ckdeluxe.com</A> <BR>Got it, Dan, I'll fix that today! I also let my pal Kevin Oeste, who works at Petersen/Primedia -- he's the assoc. producer of Hot Rod TV, and knows the Edelbrock folks well, and said he'll talk to them, too!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest oldtimer

the offy intake does'nt work well at all on the nailheads, some of the reasons i have heard are, 1. the 360 "equaflow" is meant for high rpm use (not becoming of a nailhead) 2. something about the runners just before the go to the head (i think the size or shape). the intake 2x4 manifolds go (in oder of performance) 1. edelbrock b262 (best) 2. stock 2x4 set-up 3. offy

• 4 months later...