Dave@Moon

Have you driven your classic today?

I am getting my 55 sunliner ready for a trip to Daytona Beach for the Turkey run and then it will sit out the winter,I put more miles on it during that trip then I do all summer around here.

took my 63 bonne to the barbar shop today. only 20 miles round trip

Haven't been able to drive my '31 for a while. I have been remodeling our bathroom......tiling is VERY tedious.

post-37352-143139246415_thumb.jpg

I drove the 48 Plymouth over to vote today and run a couple errands then took out the chrysler which I have only put about 70 miles on this year loaded it up with stabilizer for the winter and gave the kids a couple of rides around the block then took it out for an 8 mile drive at 45-55 MPH. The sun was pretty much down and it was a bit chilly but still fun.post-43003-143139247887_thumb.jpg

The last time I voted in a major election quite some time ago I drove a 49 plymouth coupe to the voting location.

post-43003-143139247884_thumb.jpg

took my 62 invicta to the parts store in springfield,ma for a headlight switch,saw a model a street rod also saw a 56 bird ,sunny day about 50.got gas while i was in ma,4 bufords from ct

Hi,

Almost!!

I went out to start up the Chrysler to take a neighbor to the free Vet's Day lunch at Applebys but the battery wasn't happy enough to turn the starter.

Perhaps a new battery is due. The date on the one in the car now is August, 2001!

Nice weather hear today. Saw someone on the way with their Model T.

Drove my '60 Bug in our town's Veterans Day Parade today. Here's the '60 with our town's magnificent '37 Maxim ladder truck right behind it, just before the start of the parade (thumbnail below).

THANKS VETERANS.

post-34222-143139254588_thumb.jpg

Edited by stock_steve (see edit history)

Took a nice long drive in the F1 along Lake Ontario, may be the last trip of the year, about time to start packing the barn for Winter. Since the wife didn't want to go I jacked in the iPod and cranked some vintage rock, rolled the window down and just in joyed the day. Saw a step down Hudson, a 63 Galaxy and a AMC Pacer being trailered. On such a nice day I expected mor vintage but I think with all the wet cold weather many are already out away the Winter.

Got my 59 Tbird ragtop out of the storage unit and put the top down then, went for a short ride here to the house where it's going to be until the shipper picks it up to head for it's new home in Florida. I got the 48 Plymouth out but didn't go any wheres with it, just worked on it outside in the nice weather. I'll take a couple of months of this weather :)

It was 70 degrees today, and will down to 23 degrees in 36 hours. I was robbed of one last drive today by dead sump pump. Took the Triumph out for 10 minutes, filled it with gas & Sta-bil, and packed it away for the winter. Was too busy with the sump pump to enjoy what is usually a bitter-sweet last ride.

First we picked up the 16 year old grandson from Sunday School and had him drive the '05 Sebring Touring convertible -- of course the top was down as we were enjoying typical sunny skies and 80 degrees.

Next we took the 1930 Packard (pictured below) out - picked up a friend about 10 miles away, and took a drive out US 90 crossing the mighty Mississippi River to the New Orleans Motorsports Park to watch several classes of race cars turn hot laps.

The drivers of the race cars, and the Course Officials spent a lot of time admiring, and learning about our 733 Packard ---- car guys enjoying cars and other car guys!!

Hey Dave,

Saturday, up here in Ontario (5hrs north of you), we had 70 degrees also. About 2pm decided to take the Whippet out for a last run and fill up the tank for the winter. GREAT AFTERNOON, stretching into the the early evening because several admires wanted to know "What the heck it was".

Took a couple of shots with the lights on (checking as we do not make a habit of driving at night) as the car is stored at my other property not too far away.

After parking her, made note of the mileage. Decided to check the transfer papers when Dad gave me his cars, it seems I have driven the Whippet almost 240 miles since August 2011. Not sure if it is just me or.. with the bit of tweaking going on it seems to be running better each time. Maybe just the exercise is helping? or I'm just getting used to the cars quirks and squeaks.

Now need to concentrate on new inner tubes and two new tires for the 1920 Overland this winter.

post-36036-143139254526_thumb.jpg

post-36036-143139254554_thumb.jpg

About 70 degrees yesterday in south centeral Pa. We took "Beuhla" to church and a few miles drive afterward. Did not seem to be running right. Thought to run out some more fuel before the winter drain down. I checked and should still have about 2 gallons. So I checked the points and were showing burning. I stoned them and tried to readjust. But the distributor shaft is very worn. When running I can press against the side of the unit with slight presure and just about stop the engine. So on the winter list is to rebush the shaft. Then the wife and I drove over to see another Buick Club member who has a yet to be restored 1924-45 touring car and show what I have done to my 25. Drove back home and parked in back of my house. Cleaned up the garage then went to drive the 25 around the block. Started right up but only made it about 1/2 way around the block when it died!

Got out the gas can and added more fuel. After about 6 tries she finally started but ran verry rough. It did make it back into the garage under it's own power. The winter list gets longer.

Larry

Yep drove into Hopewell last weekend for lunch, found a new Indonesian restaurant. How hot do you like it, they ask. Scale of 1-5. Turns out '4' is pretty hot. Great day for a drive though, Kept the cutout open, and may have slightly exceeded locally post speed limits...

post-71557-143139260135_thumb.jpg

Got to get the LTD out tomorrow or Sunday, fill it with gas, put in the Stabil and park it for the winter. Did the Buick a couple of weeks ago.........

I drove ny 1955 roadmasrer riveria, picked up my 11 yr old grandson. We had a flat tire right at a wal-mart, they had to put a new valve stem in. Only charged $3.00 (gota love the price) go Wal-Mart!!!! I drive my oldie untill snow hits 4-5 days a week.

post-36270-143139262868_thumb.jpgA cool and sunny day today, so got the 27 out and drove up to the local NAPA for a few shop items.

Drove the '53 around today quite a bit. Took the Skylark for a few rides and had the carb off and apart 4 times. The accelerator pump isn't working with the engine running...This is the year of really weird car problems...

Weather is nice (sunny) here in the east but I broke a valve spring so I can't drive the '48. :( Anyone have a spare valve spring laying around loose?

We got the VW Thing out and put about 100 miles on it before its nap for the winter. "Do some miles, get some smiles"

Took the '13 to Cars and Croissants at a local Porsche/Bentley/Rolls-Royce dealership. Lots of modern supercars enjoying a beautiful day after the protracted post-Sandy blackout. Temperature 31 when I left the house - needed lotsa layers in an open Model T runabout. About 45 miles round trip.

Gil Fitzhugh, Morristown, NJ

St. Bernard Chapter of Louisiana Region AACA had our last Cruise Night of the year on Saturday, Nov. 17, 2012.

Our 1941 Cadillac Cabriolet was selected by the owners of Brewster's Restaurant & Lounge, which sponsors the monthly event, as the Member's Car-of-the-Month.

Naturally we kept the top down the whole time. We drove from Metairie to Luling, back to Metairie, down to Chalmette for the Cruise Night at Brewster's, and then home after 9:00 PM, when it got fairly cool out (at least for this part of the country) - down into the low 60s, and then to the high 50s, but by then we were in the garage.

They also recognize a Non-Member car each month.

This seems to be a great way to attract members to our club, and the 50s - 60s music our DJ/Chapter President plays is always a big plus....we even had members dancing on the parking lot.

When was the last time you saw a "Stroll", or a "Cha-Cha", which our incoming President "Kowboy" Regan taught with excellence!

post-54863-143139263551_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143139263553_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marty Roth
spelling (see edit history)

took my 62 invicta vert for coffee this morning,met the other car guys,saw a 69 skylark.yesterday our buick club toured a restoration shop,was 5-6 buicks there including mine 4 bufords from ct

WIth the nice week we had I got a few more drives in the F1 this week. Ran it almost empty today and dumped in some ethanol free, stabilized gas and drove it another 5 miles, backed it into it's Winter spot and covered it up for a long Winters sleep.

Every things tucked away now, just need to do a little more cleaning in the shop so I can get to my Winter projects and then let it snow.

I was feeling blue about the broken down 48 Plymouth, with the weather being so beautiful, I jumped in the 36 Chrysler and took it for a spin. It fired up first crank (I did give it a slight prime just to avoid messing around since it hasn't been driven in a couple of weeks. I think it wanted to stretch it's legs. Just a quick 8 mile jaunt. Infact when I was pulling back on my street I was trying to think of some other place to go for a ride but I was good. Put it back in the garage and went back to work.