REAR QUARTER WINDOW MECHANISM REMOVAL 1973 RIVIERA

autonut

Was wondering if anyone had any information on the best procedure to remove and replace the complete window mechanism for a 1973 Buick Riviera. I have the service manual for the '73 but nothing in it about the body. I also have the '73 Fisher body manual but it really does not have anything specific on the Riviera. Does anyone have any additional information or has taken one in and out and perhaps can guide me as to the best procedure? Your help will be appreciated.

Lee

p.s. I recently purchased a regulator w/o the motor and have no idea of how to rewind the spring and install a motor. How can one get the spring at the proper tension while installing it on the window arm slot?

Edited by autonut (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 73 Riviera

Hey autonut, I replaced the rollers on my back qtr windows a few months ago. To do this I took the interior panels off, and from there just pulled the bolts that held in place. I was not messing with anything else so not sure how to "wind the spring". It seemed to me to be pretty evident what is needed once you get it all apart. Throw in a picture, that always seems to help with questions. did you get any resolution on the sun roof issue?

I'm looking for a windshield wiper motor crank arm. It is that little piece of metal that attaches to the back of the motor, has a hardened ball at the other end that goes into a socket joint on the transmission. Should be on any 1971,2,3,4,5 model years. Can't find one. Stupid me pulled the old dead motor with crank arm, chunked it, bought a new one from Cardone. And when it arrived. No crank arm included!!!! also from cadi and other full size bucks of same years will fit. If you know of one, please let me know.

Daniel

Guest 73 Riviera

Rollers ought to pop on with a rubber mallet, with the glass on a blanket. I had to buy the little disc nut remover of the web for 20 bucks and found that the rollers from a 72 Chevell (Ecklers) worked just fine. Seems like you can buy the regulator/motor/fram already assembled.

Still looking for a junk 71-74 in Middle Tennessee or someone who has an extra wiper crank arm.

Daniel

• 6 years later...

Hi I’m a classic car mechanic and I recently had a 73 Buick Riviera come into the shop, I replaced the roller on the rear quarter window but cannot find any adjustment procedures to reinstall the window. I’m pretty good at figuring things out but this one has me stumped, all I need is the adjustment procedure and can’t find it anywhere, any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.