1979-1985 Turbo Riviera Questions

I'm not certain about later models but the early ones were carbureted. I have the complete setup from a '79 Riviera and the manifolds both pointed to the rear with the turbo located at the rear, just the opposite of the GN. The stock GN manifolds look like they will fit, based on a comparison with a friends '87 turbo Regal but some exhaust plumbing will no doubt interfere in the fwd configuration. The engine in the T Type is apart so I couldn't do a comparison of the intake manifold. Not much help but I do believe the basic engine is the same configuration. Of course if it was originally carb'ed. the whole fuel system will have to be changed to the in tank pump and return lines. Also the computer to run the system would have to be integrated and installed.

It depends on the year and on what modifications you are trying to make. The 84/85 use SFI like the 84/87 Turbo Regals and share many components.<P>The 79/83 generally can't use 84/87 TR parts, but the concepts are the same. You just need to work a little harder. smile.gif" border="0