Best penetrating oil there is???

Guest EDBS0

Have some stubborn bolts. What is the best penetrating oil there is. For the most part I use Rust Check Rust Inhibitor. I know it is supposed to stop rust but it has an incredible capilliary action. Is there anything better?<P>Regards, Robert

Kroil gets my vote too. If it gets really bad and concerns a part that can sustain some heat, like exhaust manifold nuts/bolts or suspension fasteners, I apply some heat with oxy/acetylene, quench with water...if that doesn't work I add the Kroil at the end.

I try to wire brush the exposed threads with a small drill wheel brush and then use heat according to what the piece or part can take.Ive never had any luck with miracle sprays and no longer waste shelf space on them.A couple drops of oil will help on the ones that are just coming hard.Also working them in and out slowly can help keep from breaking.A heated bolt or nut will not have its original temper.

the new Formula Liquid wrench in the Blue can works really great, But honestly By far the best i have ever seen is a British Product called GT-85 spray lube. we actually used it to remove a Center Bolt seized in a Crankshaft all you had to do was spray it on and hit the bolt several tims with a hammer and leave it alone for like 30 mins. it actually came out and you could see thet depth of penetration into the threads. <BR> when reintsalling any Bolts i think may lock up i like to put a small bit of Copper anti-seize on them.

Have any of you ever tried anything called Never-seize? I use it all the time. I'm not sure if you've ever heard of it before though, as it's only mostly used in industries...

Never Seize is great to prevent corrosion when assembling fasteners. I work as an aircraft mechanic and we use this stuff to prevent corroded fasteners. Kroil is one of the best penetrants I have used. Brush the loose rust from the bolts first then spray let it sit for a while to let it penetrate, add some heat to help with the capilary action. Remember if the bo;t breaks it probably needed replacing. tongue.gif" border="0