1990 Silver Convertible

Bushwack

Guest 68vwdubb

Hey Bushwack! Nice lookin ride you found! Is that silver or is that actually slate gray? Not a bad looking vert, but I'd have to replace that awful colored top! lol

Hey Bushwack! Nice lookin ride you found! Is that silver or is that actually slate gray? Not a bad looking vert, but I'd have to replace that awful colored top! lol
I agree with that. The top would have to go. I do like the color keyed trim moldings and interior color.

Hi,

I am considering making a trip to his auction. I thought I might pick the brains of some of you forum regulars. Regarding the paint, it is hard to tell from the photos, but this looks like it might be a repaint in non-Reatta grey. Does anyone have any comments on that? Thanks.

John

Hi,

I am considering making a trip to his auction. I thought I might pick the brains of some of you forum regulars. Regarding the paint, it is hard to tell from the photos, but this looks like it might be a repaint in non-Reatta grey. Does anyone have any comments on that? Thanks.

John

Color might be slate gray (offered for a 1990 MY). Those pictures are good but no great. I can tell you from the 2 sliver convertibles I own that the original paint, if maintained, can look showroom fresh 22 years later. If you go to the auction, I think you have a great chance of picking up a bargain (assuming the car drives as well as it looks).

Thanks Bushwack.

Having never owned, but always admired Reattas, I was curious and this one is at auction fairly close and we all love a bargin. I am trying to find a bit of history. I note the pillars seem a different color but so does the photo of yours. I guess I always thought they were body color, but this may just be the reflection and angle that appears differnt. Again, thanks for your help.

John

Thanks Bushwack.

Having never owned, but always admired Reattas, I was curious and this one is at auction fairly close and we all love a bargin. I am trying to find a bit of history. I note the pillars seem a different color but so does the photo of yours. I guess I always thought they were body color, but this may just be the reflection and angle that appears differnt. Again, thanks for your help.

John

John,

I sent you a PM.