Studebakers on the Roadways of the World (1852-1946)

Is the second car back on the left of the picture a 1915 touring car? The one with the license plate under the passengers side headlight.

Wayne

post-30776-143139142948_thumb.jpg

Very good!! Note the Studebaker script in the lower left side (right as you are looking at it) of the radiator. It cannot be a 1914 since it had the gas filler on the cowl and it can't be a 1916 since it had the cloisonne badge in the radiator shell. So has to be a 1915 and looks to be the model SD Four.

post-30776-143139142951_thumb.jpg

The Studebaker will not be hard to find in this interesting vintage photo! The unusual heart shaped back glass in the coupe was unique to Studebaker for 1936-37. Now can anyone determine for certain whether this is a '36 or '37? There is a easy way to tell.

Guest stephen48

The car does not appear to have the artillary wheels that the 1936 model has so it must be a 1937.

It interesting to note that the oldest car in the photo appears to be a 1930 vehicle even though the photo is circa 1937.It appears people did not keep cars very long in that era in USA !

Guest John.McMaster

Hi John,

The Victoria certainly is a good looking car. The bumpers are much classier than mine. The copper colour around the radiator badge seems unusual? The spare wheel brackets seem to have an alignment problem...not a criticism but one I am also experiencing but not to the same extent. I guess this is a function of tyre size. I am running 600x19 tyres. Certainly must have been a weak moment when you sold it.

We all have them and here is mine. 1909 Schacht.

post-86293-143139142956_thumb.jpg

The first is when I got it and the second is when I sold it but had rallied it for 20+ years.

post-86293-143139142964_thumb.jpg

(Sorry guys not a Studebaker but does start with an S and from your side of the world.)

John.

Guest John.McMaster

Hi Studeq,

We obviously didn't get a lot of models down here! Nice how the spare wheel is hidden. Other cars around it have similar lines yet lost behind a spare wheel.

Some great photos here..thanks,

John.

Guest stude8

post-31139-143139144129_thumb.jpg

To John McMaster: RE: the 600x20 Denman tires on the 1930 President Victoria FH were not the same profile as 1930 600x20 tires and stood higher in the side mount wheel wells. The FH model was a shorter wheel base than the FE model that used 19" tires, they fit the wheel wells better.

Stude8

post-31139-143139144121_thumb.jpg

Guest John.McMaster

Here is a family photo of what we (family) were told was a Studebaker, and another down under (NewZealand) forum member agrees.

Can anyone add more detail?

(not about my family, I have enough of that scandal..:rolleyes:

post-86293-143139144442_thumb.jpg

Yes, that is a 1923-24 Studebaker Big Six model EK. The wheels are not standard and though Studebaker offered side mount tires on what the called the "Speedster" model those shown in your photo are not mounted in the same manner.

Guest John.McMaster

Another forum member suggested it was an Australian body. The wheels look like Rudge-Whitworth (?) similar to some I had on a 1923 Willys Knight.