Parts manual for 1923 Special Six EL Tourer - Looking to purchase

Guest stude8
Is there such a publication out there for sale. I am looking for a catalog of parts with part numbers. Searched a bit, but could not find anything.

Go to this site "Faxon Auto literature" they show a shop manual but inquire if they have the part catalog, I bought one from them for 1925-28 1/2 Studebakers.

1918-1924 Studebaker Big Six Special 6 Repair Shop Manual Reprint

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I have that publication. I am trying to find an actual parts manual. Two members here have hard bound copies. So far Faxxon or no one else seems to have or know where to get one. I would like to make Xerox copies if I could. Not many replies for this as you can see

I have the original Book 1 (1913-1915), Book 2 (1916-1918), Book 3 (1919-1922) and Book 4 (1923-1925) Parts Catalogs and offered them up to Faxon to purchase and make reprints but never received a response. I hate to have them destroyed but I felt the benefit to the rest of the collectors was worth the sacrifice.

Scott

Gary,

I find the manuals very helpful in sorting through the parts I have and that was to be one of the questions I had for Faxon - how long from selling manuals to getting a reprint? That answer would dictate if I would even bother selling them, so at this point I plan on just continuing to use them.

Scott

Guest John.McMaster

If you are only wanting the information from the book rather than a reproduction to have on your shelf I had a similar problem with a manual for a vintage aircraft that I repaired. My solution was to open the original manual as though to read and photograph each page. When exported to a computer editing gets rid of excess material in the photo and can be expanded or contrast etc adjusted easily. Also I could do this in site of the manuals owner who opened each page as I photographed it. The resulting print out was adequate for the hanger and didn't matter if it was destroyed. John.

Thanks John. I would gladly do that if I could find someone to loan me the manual or a copy of the manual. I want it for the info, not the nostalgia. Anyoneone interested in loaning their manual or copy. I would pay for the loan. I'd make copies for anyone else looking for the info, as well.

Gary