anyone make new fan hub assemblies?

v12lincoln

I don't know anyone who makes them, but I was able to salvage a friend's 1932 90-series fan hub a few years ago by getting the local machine shop to fabricate either the outer or the inner race (don't recall which--it was about 7 years ago), then tap and thread the outer race for a grease nipple. A grease gun is used to lubricate it every month or two, and it is still working fine today. If yours isn't totally ruined, you might be able to save it.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas

I found a new sealed bearing fan hub and have it on order. My fan hub bearing carrier cracked in half so I will braze it together and hone out the front for some very thin sealed bearings I found on a lawn mower then add a grease zerk to the front of the hub. if the brazing holds up I will add an oillite bronze busing to the rear and drill and tap it for a grease zerk too.

Guest soldier

v12lincoln, Where did you find a new sealed bearing fan hub? I would sure like to order one of those. Thanks, Soldier/Jerry Saunders

I know I once had a reproduced fan hub with modern bearings, but I must have sold it or given it to a local friend.

However, I did find the original fan hub from my 31-57 parts car. It is in good condition and still has the adjuster arm on it. Send me a PM with your email address if you are interested & I will send photos...

Guest daydreamer1950
I know I once had a reproduced fan hub with modern bearings, but I must have sold it or given it to a local friend.

However, I did find the original fan hub from my 31-57 parts car. It is in good condition and still has the adjuster arm on it. Send me a PM with your email address if you are interested & I will send photos...

call dave brady at 1 610 965 2172 he make them with a sealed bearing

• 4 years later...
Guest Mlmitche

I have a 1932 buick and need a fan hub replacement.  You can message me here if anyone has one/or makes one.  Thanks.  Mike