CORKY'S 54 BUICK, HOT ROD POWER TOUR VIDEO'S

smithbrother

Youtube.com/HonestHisself.

If you haven't seen this/these video's here is the link.

Roll down and click on the HONEST HISSELF CHANNEL, then roll down to find the 54 Buick video. When you watch the video and it ends, well, don't give up, wait a few seconds and another video will pop up covering another portion of this build. There are several video's, one after the other, so HANG IN THERE. I love the steering wheel build.

There are 11 video's of this Power Tour build.

Dale in Indy

Edited by smithbrother (see edit history)

Guest Rob McDonald

With the utmost respect for Mr. Earl, I've always thought that '54 Buicks have a sad, hangdog look about them. Kind of like a depressed Bassett Hound. Mr. Coker's car crafted by Honest Charley's puts the lie to that - it's gorgeous. They've combined retro with 21st Century technology and superior craftsmanship that was unheard of in the '50s. Plaid upholstery, woodgraining, black steel wheels with beauty rings. The ultimate: interior sweep spears that extend into the trunk. Magnificent.

With all due respect, I tend to concur with "Bassett hound". LOL

I saw a picture of the car in the current HOT ROD magazine. They have many Power Tour 2012 videos on their website, too.

It did mention that Corky wanted a 1961-era vibe for the car, so that lead to the plaid interior items . . . which were quite common (even in the 1950s) for "auto supply" seat covers to go over the original worn seat covers.

Thanks for the link!

NTX5467

For me the 1954 Buick always had the look of royalty to me. When I first got interested in cars Grandma O'Brien had a black '54 Roadmaster 4 door. It was the replacement for her black '49 Roadmaster sedanette. She ran the family of 9 daughters and two sons. Ever one of the sons-in-law could only hope to buy a Buick and win favor in her eyes. Impressionable grandson's were the same. She really did run the family.

The '54 was replaced by a black '62 Invicta. I had the honor of buying that one when she replaced it with a gray '68 LeSabre 2 dr. I ended up with the '68, as well. And in 1971 when I was fresh out of the Navy she loaned me the $200 down payment I needed to buy my $1600 '68 Riviera.

Ahhhh, to bask in the graces of matriarchal royalty. And the '54 RM was first contact.

Bernie

The thing I liked most about this car was in fact the detail treatment they did on the front bumper when they removed the front bumper guards, bullets, dagmars, or whatever else they may be called. There is typically a factory indent left in the top bumper piece. On this car, that dent was removed when the bumpers were re-chromed. The silver and black car is an awesome custom I drooled all over out in Fredericksburg Texas. Magnify up to see what I am talking about on it.

post-31987-143139129886_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143139129841_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143139129859_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143139129876_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

DEPRESSED BASSET HOUND!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????? I have squinted, pulled the sides of my eyes to the side, everything, and I CAN NOT SEE a depressed basset hound in this picture.unknw.gif Happy face is all I see. I guess it is all about mood and perception.

basset hound.... good lord, now I've heard everything......sarcastic.gif

Fact is, I love the originals, the survivors, and the modified killler Buick's that I too can stare at for hours.

I am so pleased Buick took the 53 Roadmaster and modified it into a Skylark, in my book they did so much for those of us that like to modify a Buick.

Long live the restored to ORIGINAL, the SURVIVORS, and accept those of us that want to cut up our Buick's.

Dale in Indy