Clip needed

checker

Curti, I took a road trip to Restoration Specialties a few years ago to buy some goodies. I should have thought of that. I browsed the catalog today and although I couldn't find one in there, I emailed them a photo and am patienciently waiting their reply.

Coley, this is the same width as steel banding but I doubt if I would be able to make the share bend needed. The photo doesn't show the part the slides on the panel. 1/8" bend on that part.

Thanks to both for replying

I may give the heat a try. Where would I buy banding steel at? On a separate note, I see I slaughtered the word "Patiently" in my previous post. Does anyone else have a problem with the spell check working? I get a javascript:void error when I try to use it.

Try a lumber yard for the banding. You don't need new. the stuff they cut to open bundles of whatever is just thrown out. 1/2" is a common size. A bernzomatic is sufficient for heating to a dull red. Heat a strip from end to end and let cool naturally. Don't quench it in water. After heating it should be malleable enough to work but will still have enough temper for your purpose. BTW, patience is a required virtue when dealing with RS........Bob