New seats for 63 riviera

Guest Steeleco

Guest Steeleco

I have found 4 places for seat vinyl kits.

1. Old Buick parts .com

2. Clarks Corvair

3. OPGI original parts group

4. Someone on ebay.

If anyone has photos of these installed products it would be great to see and get a review as I am getting ready to redo the interior.

Thanks

Steele,

You can see fitted seats on Clark's website. I'm sure my buddy from Buckner will chime in on his experience with the OPGI stuff. I'd be willing to bet that CARS (OldBuickParts.com) is a distributor for Clarks. I'd have to see the ones on ebay to make a statement on them. Could it be some person just selling something they bought from one of these other vendors?

From what I've seen, Clarks is the way to go if you want it to look absolutely authentic. Plus they have all of the original colors to choose from. You don't have to worry about trying to find something that hasn't been attacked by the sun or dirtied up in some other way so you can try to match it in color, weight, and texture.

Ed

I finished removing the last of the upholstery from the set of seats I bought to recover. Next step is to have them media blasted and painted. I have decided to go with Clark's. I bought a headliner and carpets from them back around 1996. I'm happy with there stuff, their friendly people on the phone, and the good things written about them.

Bernie

I am doing the driver's seat only on my '64 and I've made the decision to try it myself. I just received my Clark's order this week. I may not start the project until driving season winds down, but when its time I'll post some before and after photos.

I can't compare Clark's to the other vendors, but I can say I've looked at the material and I'm pleased with the color (black) and the weight of the vinyl.

Go with Clark's! I had some issues with the dye lot on my order for seats, door panels etc. No ones fault really but I made one call to Clark's and their staff would not let up until I was completely satisfied. I can't say enough good things about my exprience with them and the product appears to be an exact reproduction of the original.

OK Riviera People: I just ordered more stuff from Clarks. Their seats are so good and original and of excellent quality. The vinyl at $35 a yard is also a great buy. The non-Riviera, non-upholstry stuff I'd shop for price as well as quality, otherwise their upholstery is really good. OPGI.....I still have a bad taste in my mouth from ordering from them. Mitch

Guest Rob J

I'm ordering interior stuff soon, and I plan on ordering from Clark's. Got a number of samples, and it looks like nice quality stuff. Doing the Fawn Cloth/Vinyl interior on the white 65, and Saddle Vinyl on the GS.

Guest Steeleco

Alright, so you guys are saying order from Clarks huh? Well I placed my order today for all front and rear buckets, buttons, hog-rings and pliers. From Clarks of course. I think I will actually have them installed by a place in West Palm Beach called Central Auto Trim. But I may buy some high density foam and try it myself. The shop wants $450.00 to do the job (remove and reinstall as well). What do ya think?