Steeleco

Clean and detail engine compartment 63 riv (what to use and tips)

All of the early Rivieras had the circular cutout over the air cleaner. Unfortunately nobody reproduces

the hood insulation with this cutout. The 65's had the hood insulation with the circle cut out over the air cleaner. When I changed

out my original hood insulation I don't recall the missing corner over the A/C compressor, but it was probably there and I just didn't notice it. 

Also, the hood insulation hits the air cleaner on these cars when you close the hood all the way across, so it is puzzling what the little circle over the wing nut area was for.

1 hour ago, Seafoam65 said:

Unfortunately nobody reproduces

the hood insulation with this cutout

The hood insulation kit from REPOPS I bought for my 68 has the circular cut out for the air cleaner. I am not sure about earlier model year kits. You could call or email them to inquire.

http://www.repops.com/contact-us.cfm

Phone:479-394-4500

Email: info@Repops.com

In their catalog the pictures don't show any hole above the air cleaner section on either the 65 Riviera or the 68

Riviera. I'll try to call them and see what's going on. I believe the one I have without the hole came from them originally, purchased

about 4 and a half years ago. Not long after I installed my insulation, I called them on the phone and told them they needed to incorporate the hole

above the air cleaner. Perhaps they made the change and didn't update their catalog photo.