Sign in to follow this  
My TC Toy

door lock lights

The TC is alleged to have lights in the outside locks. Do they?

I recall getting at my locks and inside of the outside door handle last year for cleaning and lubrication but I do not recall and lights in there or wiring running up to the lock cylinder.

It is rare that I use my car in the evening or at night, but if they are there I would like to get them working anyway.

Any advice would be a help.:confused:

Bob

All of the 1989 models with the one-sided key had the feature. Two sided keys with the '90 and up airbag models did not have it.

OK! That answers that question, and saves me some work. I guess cutting out that feature was a "cost cutting" measure.

Thanks for the replies.

Bob

The 90 and up models used a somewhat different door handle that accomodated the new lock cylinders that used the dual sided keys. Apparently Chrysler dropped the LED halo lights when they switched to the dual sided key design in their 1990 model cars. The J body LeBaron premium models from 87 to 89 have the lighted key cylinders and I suspect that their other Premium models had them as well in the same model years. The keyway lights were wired to either the interior courtesy light circuit or the ignition key cylinder light. I don't remember which, but they come on when the door handle is raised. I'm not sure when they go off, but I do know that they do not stay on or follow the exterior lights in any way.

Hemi,

My 1990 Imperial has the two sided key and lighted exterior door lock. They stay on for about 15 seconds. I always wondered why the Imperial had it but not the TC.