Driver side airflow ???

bb1970

Guest Steeleco

Good Post. I would like to know about that as well. My drivers side duct has pulled off of the center "air box" and as I have not put it back on, when I stick my hand up there it does not see to be real strong.

Is there any way to boost the airflow in a first gen car?

When I redid my airbox and blower, I found that my blower selector switch (under the hood) was not adjusted correctly. When I had my interior selector at high, the blower was on medium. I spent a few minutes and re-adjusted the cable so that the switch would select the highest setting consistent with the interior setting. Now it "blows" much better!

post-65039-143139121172_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info Chuck. I'll look at the blower switch. The flow from the driver side ball vent is still alot less than the passenger side vent. Even after removing the mud dobber nest. I'm thinking about putting a blower assembly from a 80's Chevy truck in to see if I get more airflow. The blower motor looks very similar from the outside anyhow. I don't know about the fan impeller. Worth a shot if it's higher volume. Just so happens I have a parts truck. So no $$ out of pocket.

Edited by bb1970 (see edit history)

Guest Steeleco

Unbelievable, what came out of my drivers side air duct on my 63 riv. I was getting no air. So I took the duct apart from the center air box and tried to run a flexible hose through it and it was clogged. I think some kind of rodent set up residency in the vent or something while it was stored by the previous owner and built a fortress. I cleaned it out with a coat hanger and a vaccum cleaner. Now the air flow is good. Check out the photo.

post-85701-143139122526_thumb.jpg

Edited by Steeleco (see edit history)

The insulation (or rubber boot?) that goes around the plastic piece that leads to the center vent was gone. It was letting air blow into the dash instead of all the air blowing through the vents. Anyhow I sealed it up. And I have good air flow all the way across now.